Defensive Carry banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
Welcome to DC. Here is something you can legally carry - even on an airplane.

These things are every bit as sturdy as a baseball bat, and since it is for people with disabilities, it is legal virtually everywhere.

As for pepper spray for your home, I like this one.

I have no idea what the exchange rate is, but either of these will work for what you need.
Good luck.

Reactions: WillGrnspn

Registered
You can have a cane as fashion accessory, but it's not very discreet, and it's big. .
I take it you've never heard the saying: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Welcome to DC. Here is something you can legally carry - even on an airplane.

These things are every bit as sturdy as a baseball bat, and since it is for people with disabilities, it is legal virtually everywhere.

As for pepper spray for your home, I like this one.

I have no idea what the exchange rate is, but either of these will work for what you need.
Good luck.
Thanks for the help. I don't think it would look good if I carried that with me, it has to be justified that I am physically disabled (which is not the case).
I like Sabre Red a lot, but here in France we don't have a lot of options for pepper spray. One of the best pepper sprays available in Europe is TW1000 (made in Germany). I carry that either the 40 ml or the 63 ml sized canister. I've read nothing but good stuff about them.

Registered
You must be young. Most of us are old and sometimes need help navigating stairs and slippery floors and such. I hope you don't have to have state permission to grow old and use a walking stick there!!!

Here we have folks with actual medical disabilities, and people who just need a cane or walking stick.

Registered
You must be young. Most of us are old and sometimes need help navigating stairs and slippery floors and such. I hope you don't have to have state permission to grow old and use a walking stick there!!!

Here we have folks with actual medical disabilities, and people who just need a cane or walking stick.
Or carry one because they can. I think I'd leave Paris and move to some place better, like Moscow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28

I'm 22. At my age, walking with a cane or a walking stick in Paris would look weird if I'm not disabled or if I don't have trouble walking... and it's known here that some thugs use crutches as clubs to attack people. I've seen police officers arresting young guys with crutches, because those guys had no problem walking...
I still think that a small canister of pepper spray would be less trouble and easier to use as a "get-out-of-my-face" defensive weapon if I get attacked.

Registered

Registered
Two things people can carry here even in a no weapons area are a cane and their keys. key rings can be a caribiner [ I doubt that is the right spelling] but its used by mountain climbers to attach their ropes. It makes a pretty good brass knuckle imitation. Or a long lanyard with a strong ring full of keys. It swings like a mace.
If you have some BJJ training, look for some help with small weapons. you would be amazed at what you can do with a 6" long dowel! It just takes a little training and some practice! good luck. DR

Registered
If you are concerned about carrying the larger size, get two of the smaller and carry both; one on each side of your body. If asked, you can honestly say the second one is for backup in case the first runs out, fails, you have multiple attackers, or you cannot access one side because you are fending off with that arm. The canister itself can be used as a striking implement.

The true weapon is your mind. BJJ is good but I heartily recommend additional training in stick fighting. Every length from staff down to the 5"-6" length already mentioned. That training will give you the ability to use any similar object like an umbrella, a rolled up newspaper, or even a towel to it's best advantage.

Train yourself to target vulnerable areas of the body and to use improvised weapons. The rest will be much more manageable.

Oh yes, welcome to the forum!

Reactions: WillGrnspn

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
If you are concerned about carrying the larger size, get two of the smaller and carry both; one on each side of your body. If asked, you can honestly say the second one is for backup in case the first runs out, fails, you have multiple attackers, or you cannot access one side because you are fending off with that arm. The canister itself can be used as a striking implement.

The true weapon is your mind. BJJ is good but I heartily recommend additional training in stick fighting. Every length from staff down to the 5"-6" length already mentioned. That training will give you the ability to use any similar object like an umbrella, a rolled up newspaper, or even a towel to it's best advantage.

Train yourself to target vulnerable areas of the body and to use improvised weapons. The rest will be much more manageable.

Oh yes, welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome !
Aq for carrying two canisters, I thought about it but it would not look good compared to just one canister.
The smaller one is not that small for pepper spray, it's 40 ml, that would be a MK-2 size, just a little bit smaller than the MK-3 (2 oz/60ml). Maybe I'll just stick with that.
As for fighting sticks, it would look even worse than pepper spray. Pepper spray is not as risky if I have to explain why I'm carrying it, as long as the canister is not too big. I just wonder how small... I guess the 40 ml would look better than the 60 ml but still has enough juice to spray 2-3 unarmed attackers to buy me enough time to run.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts