Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the performance t-shirts like Under Armour for the warmer months in CO. Of the folks that use them what is your opinion?

I don't do "hot" weather well. Now that I am carrying, having more than just a cotton T, and shorts on, is forcing me to looking for ways to stay cooler.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
I use underarmor alot. It help wick sweat off ya and make you feel cooler. Also for chafe protction when I am carrying IWB. I have so many uses for my underarmor -hunting, kayaking, hiking as well as CCW. This fabric is great. They make a loose fit t too if you don't have that sculptured god look .:hand5:

·
Super Moderator
18,107 Posts
I wear UnderArmour underneath my ballistic vest everythime I put it on. As Rocky mentioned, it wicks away sweat better than anything else Ive tried. Wearing a vest will make you hot and I sweat like a pig with it anytime its over 70 degrees. A regular T shirt will get wet and stay wet. With the UA t it never gets wet and it feels much better.

It works better by wearing it underneath a shirt than it does by itself and it will keep a gun from rubbing you raw...escpecially if you're sweating all over it.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Interesting, do you guys have a link to the Under Armour tee's?

I have some golf shirts that are of similer material if not the exact material as the UA possibly. Golf and Beyond..... makes them and is the only thing I will wear anymore to play golf if it's hot because I sweat pretty good and I can't stand a cotten shirt to be weat and sticking to me all day.

Ti.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I used to wear the stuff when I played football, now i wear it under my hunting clothes. I really like the stuff. Go get some, I promise you will like it.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Thanks Aaron,

Question - with the type of material UA uses will the white shirts show through does anybody know? As in can you see your carry piece?

Ti.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I would suggest that you take a look at the other brands. Nike makes them and they have several brands in Academy,Wally Woild,Sears,and several other stores. They will be as much as $5-$8 cheeper than Under Armor. I believe all this type of stuff is made outta Lycra(Licra) ?? --------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts