Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These IWB kydex holster like the Kingtuk or Old Faithful or others are great for wearing as a tuckable because your shirt tucks in behind the belt clips which is great....love it....

Now what do I do with my double mag holder which is not tuckable?

So if I tuck my weapon but can't tuck my mags...am I concealed? Duh !!!!

I'll need to spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express and figure this out.....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
you get a tuckable mag holder. FoxX makes some. Otherwise, find an alternative location for your mags. Sometimes with my Nano, I just carry a spare mag in my weak side front pocket (loose fitting cargo shorts)

Reactions: TN_Mike

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
Not that great idea to carry a second mag in a pocket. Lint, foreign matter can foul it. You forget and put keys, coins in pocket. Orientation isn't reliable. For third or reload mag it's probably OK. Look at a Kytex magazine KYTEX Shooting Gear | Shooting Accessories for Competition, Carry & Duty, it's the slimmest mag holder I've seen and can be worn unobtrusively with a loose cover shirt. I don't think having visible 'gear', mags is violating a CC rule, check your state law.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Replace your mag holder with one that has tuckable clips.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Carry them in one of those fancy schmancy dolled up leather carriers with a snap cover.

I saw somewhere that a guy carried one in an unused cell phone pouch.

Reactions: dben002

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carry them in one of those fancy schmancy dolled up leather carriers with a snap cover.

I saw somewhere that a guy carried one in an unused cell phone pouch.
You know I was thinking about that very thing.........would be the perfect cover....I used to carry a LCP in a cell phone case.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You should be able to find either a tuckable mag pouch or one that doesn't look as obvious. I use a Safariland horizontal mag pouch and it isn't obvious to others what it is. Could be a flashlight, utility knife/tool, or something else. You could also switch to a single magazine and get a pocket mag carrier to make sure lint and other debris doesn't get inside.

Or.. you could just use one of these and no one would know the difference

fpack.jpg

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Many of the larger cloth folding knife holsters will accommodate a double stack magazine.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many of the larger cloth folding knife holsters will accommodate a double stack magazine.
Yep...long time ago got a few of those fabric fold over top with velcro closures but they are single mag holders and I don't like them that much but I may have to use them when I tuck it in.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Not that great idea to carry a second mag in a pocket. Lint, foreign matter can foul it. You forget and put keys, coins in pocket. Orientation isn't reliable. For third or reload mag it's probably OK.
I don't have an issue pocketing a spare mag. I carry my wallet in my weak side front pocket, and a magazine stands up just fine next to it with the bullets forward just like they're supposed to be.

The one thing that I do worry about is exposed lead from the hollowpoint rounds in the same place all the time, I wonder if I'm exposing myself to lead contamination.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I don't think having visible 'gear', mags is violating a CC rule, check your state law.
Also, sometimes being legal isn't the only reason to conceal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I ran across an interesting concealed mag holder on www.snagmag.com. It makes your mag appear like a clip on knife or something like. Thinking about ordering one to try out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just buy clips from an online store and put them on. Crossbreed sells clips without a holster on their site. Others might too, buy CB has the sweet logo on their clips.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Just buy clips from an online store and put them on. Crossbreed sells clips without a holster on their site. Others might too, buy CB has the sweet logo on their clips.
That "sweet logo" is why I will never buy a Crossbreed holster, no matter how well made they are. I actually wanted to buy a crossbreed when I bought my mtac, but they won't make them without the "sweet logo".

·
Registered
179 Posts
That "sweet logo" is why I will never buy a Crossbreed holster, no matter how well made they are. I actually wanted to buy a crossbreed when I bought my mtac, but they won't make them without the "sweet logo".
Personal preferences, I guess. Different strokes.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Personal preferences, I guess. Different strokes.
Just not wanting to advertise for something I don't believe in. However, there have been several discussions I've seen from people who do believe in it that don't want the clips because they feel it's too easy to recognize what you've got based only on the clips. The problem with having a very recognizable icon on your product designed for stealth is that people might recognize it when you don't want them to.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts