Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The last thing I want is the Texas Capitol to turn into DFW airport."

"Perry said enough people in Texas haveconcealed carry handgun licenses to deter viloent criminals. 'That keeps us all safer,' he said."

From the Austin American Statesman
Just curious what others think about this situation. I wasn't aware that you could go into the capitol with a weapon, as you certainly can't go into any local government buildings with one. Obviously, I agree with Perry's comments. Just opening up for thought's on the incident and what will come of it. As many have said, it could have been a very bad day if the perp had been shooting at people instead of in the air/at the building.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Ataboy!

:congrats: Governor Perry

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I might not object to permitting CHL holders to carry there, but think there should be some screening to keep others from doing so. The governor, being a political figure, is very much subject to violence.
I would restrict carry in the capitol building.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I can carry into any local government building that Isn't being used by the court,such as a courthouse or Justice of the peace office in the building

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I can carry into the VA Capitol and the legislative building. The only gun shot heard there in recent memory is when one of the legislators had an ND a couple years ago in his office.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
I might not object to permitting CHL holders to carry there, but think there should be some screening to keep others from doing so. The governor, being a political figure, is very much subject to violence.
I would restrict carry in the capitol building.

Regards,
Jerry
Screening and permit holders can still carry? OK, but no additional places with 'no carry'...criminals don't care, and would carry anyway.:blink:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Just curious what others think about this situation. I wasn't aware that you could go into the capitol with a weapon, as you certainly can't go into any local government buildings with one. Obviously, I agree with Perry's comments. Just opening up for thought's on the incident and what will come of it. As many have said, it could have been a very bad day if the perp had been shooting at people instead of in the air/at the building.
What incident are you talking about, help me out here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last week a dude came to the state capitol building and fired several rounds either into the air or at the building in general. He was casually apprehended without further incident while reloading his mag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts