Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said in the title, personally I have no use for a full auto weapon. I've had the opportunity to shoot an L.A. Sheriff's Office short barrel rifle that was full auto. Seems like a serious waste of ammo for the average person. But anything we can do to roll back existing gun laws is always going to be good, so I signed this petition.

White House Petition | Op-ed Articles

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I'm sorry guys and gals but once you have fired a General Electric GAU-2 six barrel 7.62 mini-gun from a helicopter at 110 knots everything else seems a tab bit boring!:image035: There is something about 2000-4000 rds a minute coupled with the smell JP-4 exhaust that invigorates a person:hand10:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry guys and gals but once you have fired a General Electric GAU-2 six barrel 7.62 mini-gun from a helicopter at 110 knots everything else seems a tab bit boring!:image035: There is something about 2000-4000 rds a minute coupled with the smell JP-4 exhaust that invigorates a person:hand10:
I don't think there is an NRA course for that!

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I don't think there is an NRA course for that!
Just rendering one safe is a fairly in depth procedure which involves welding gloves to manually rotate the barrels! Malfunction clearing while yanking and banking and standing on a slick deck with hydraulic fluid adds another dimension to the equation!:blink:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Does it sound ANYTHING like they portray in movies?

·
Registered
269 Posts
maybe I should look into having a Turret build onto the 2nd floor of my house and mount one there LOl!!!
you know ...."for home invasion" :image035:

·
Registered
10,336 Posts
I got to fire an MP5 once. That or a similar design would absolutely be my first choice for an HD gun, if I could get one.

The belt-fed guns would just be for fun.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Does it sound ANYTHING like they portray in movies?
To me it sounded like a very long [email protected]:image035: Of course there is lot of wind noise, radio/ intercom chatter on the headsets not to mention (2) gas turbine engines running about 10' away from your head! And I wonder why I have hearing deficits now!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33,583 Posts
Unless you get to fire a twin 5'' /38 gun mount at 15,000 yards. :image035:

·
Registered
33,583 Posts
I enjoyed my BAR on full auto. Also my M14 had a selector switch. That was a hand full.
I love the M-14 with the rock and roll switch. You do 3 to 6 rounds burst and very easy to handle. I used that for real for over a year. They wouldn't let me take it home?

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.