Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
looks like a good shooter. just saw 1 on the news , a kid brought 1 to school and got caught.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Looks like a nice little gun ya got there Phil .........is it small enough to carry if needed? It looks to about the same size as a P22

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
I have the deluxe kit with the 3" & 5" barrels, it is a good little plinker, was cheap to buy, and is cheap to shoot. I lost one of my grip screws though somehow :confused: .

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Like Bruce I got the ''kit'' with two barrels - totally on a whim!. Now, I'd never suggest anyone gets one without realizing, it ain't high quality but that said - IMO it was good value for what it is and is a great plinker. You can get all 10 off - very fast!!!

I keep 5" barrel on these days - much more accurate and carry is not in its schedule! I did have a mag release prob early on when a peened/rivetted end of unit fell off! I decided not to face hassle of a return and did some judicious repairs myself - that sorted it out.

I do find it likes to be fairly crud free to keep good operations. (Supposed to be a pic showing but my server seems like its asleep!)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I had one of those. I worked pretty well until the slide cracked and who knows what else. However, considering that I only paid $60 for it and I put over 3,000 rounds through it before it died, I figure I got my money's worth. Phoenix did send me a replacement slide free of charge but it still wouldn't work right so I just gave up on it. It wasn't worth fixing at that point considering what I paid for it initially.
Like Chris said, you have to keep them clean or they don't work very well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got mine in back in 93. Paid $99. My slide also cracked (about 2 yrs ago). It has a lifetime warranty, so when i called PA, they told me to send it in. A week or so later, a whole new one arrived. I wouldn't trust my life with it, but its a good plinking gun.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Lee, yes they are - see the black thingie just fwd of trigger and below stamped writing - that is the unlocking dealie.

Pretty crude but it works and only takes a few seconds to change barrels, as long as springs do not give too much hassle!

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
P95Carry said:
as long as springs do not give too much hassle!
Those GD springs are a PITA, seems like everytime I try and chance the barrel, or strip it down the spring comes out and you need like 3 hands to put it all back together.

·
Registered
998 Posts
P95Carry said:
Lee, yes they are - see the black thingie just fwd of trigger and below stamped writing - that is the unlocking dealie.

Pretty crude but it works and only takes a few seconds to change barrels, as long as springs do not give too much hassle!
Thanks for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts