Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a picture of the new Talon Pro Grips. As far as their aggressiveness is concerned, they're obviously more aggressive than the rubberized and less aggressive than the granulate options they've had since the beginning, but I would also say they are less aggressive than an M&P M2.0 grip texture. So they're closer to the rubberized end of the spectrum, but they are still an improvement. Is it worth the extra money ($25). For me, yes, because my hands don't stick to the rubberized very well. For example, a Glock Gen4 or Gen5 texturing is more grippy in my hands than Talon rubberized grips. But these are more grippy than the Glock Gen4/5 texture, but less so than the M&P M2.0 (like I mentioned). If you look closely they also seemed to have some funky colors mixed in but you don't really notice it unless you're looking for it (it's actually pretty cool). Overall I would say it is an aesthetic improvement as well over both the rubber & granulate varieties. It looks more aggressive than the rubber and it's darker than the granulate which is more grey.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here's a picture of the new Talon Pro Grips. As far as their aggressiveness is concerned, they're obviously more aggressive than the rubberized and less aggressive than the granulate options they've had since the beginning, but I would also say they are less aggressive than an M&P M2.0 grip texture. So they're closer to the rubberized end of the spectrum, but they are still an improvement. Is it worth the extra money ($25). For me, yes, because my hands don't stick to the rubberized very well. For example, a Glock Gen4 or Gen5 texturing is more grippy in my hands than Talon rubberized grips. But these are more grippy than the Glock Gen4/5 texture, but less so than the M&P M2.0 (like I mentioned). If you look closely they also seemed to have some funky colors mixed in but you don't really notice it unless you're looking for it (it's actually pretty cool). Overall I would say it is an aesthetic improvement as well over both the rubber & granulate varieties. It looks more aggressive than the rubber and it's darker than the granulate which is more grey.

View attachment 333525
I believe that anything slightly LESS than the M&P 2.0 Compact is perfection. Everything should be based on a slightly less aggressive M&P 2.0.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have a set of the Talon Pros on my Glock 19. So far, I like them. I thought maybe they'd be a bit too aggressive for those times that I carry IWB without a t-shirt between my skin and the pistol, but so far that hasn't been a problem.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm I'm on the fence on whether I like them or not. My only complaint about my 43x is that it could be just a tad grippier in the texture.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just took off the granulate grips on my G43 and installed these Pro new ones.....hopefully they are softer on my blubber !!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've tried some fairly aggressive grip tape on several handguns and I noticed the more aggressive the texture the the more difficult it was clearing the cover garment a quickly as possible (without staging the draw) in a moment's notice, like you would draw in an actual gunfight.

I figure if I need a gun I'm gonna need it NOW.

From time to time my shirt would hang up on the grip so I just use the stock texture on my VP9. Works fine for me.

-------------------------------------------
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe that anything slightly LESS than the M&P 2.0 Compact is perfection. Everything should be based on a slightly less aggressive M&P 2.0.
I think the M&P M2.0 texturing is perfection. It hurt when I first used it, but my hands adjusted in about a week. It's like developing calluses on your fingers playing guitar. In fact, I was disappointed that my M2.0 Shield wasn't as aggressive.

Reactions: QuickQuestionAnon

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch, looks like 80 grit sandpaper.
Nice pistol though.
No it's nothing like the granulate type that I just removed before putting on the pro. Like I said, it's closer to the rubberized Talon Grips.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've tried some fairly aggressive grip tape on several handguns and I noticed the more aggressive the texture the the more difficult it was clearing the cover garment a quickly as possible (without staging the draw) in a moment's notice, like you would draw in an actual gunfight.

I figure if I need a gun I'm gonna need it NOW.

From time to time my shirt would hang up on the grip so I just use the stock texture on my VP9. Works fine for me.

-------------------------------------------
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
That is certainly true of the granulate grips, but I personally don't see it being a problem with the Pro's. But I guess that's going to be different for everyone.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have the granulate Talons on my Kahr CW380 and the rubber Talons on my PC Shield 9mm.

I prefer the rubber over the granulate. The granulate is slightly to aggressive, imo. The rubber Talon is a huge improvement over the Shield 1.0 grip. However, the texture of the grip on my Shield 45 is perfect, again, imo.

I hadn't even heard of the PRO Talon until this thread, but I'll definitely have to give it a try. Maybe I'll get one for my XDE 45, cause it is ssllick.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think the M&P M2.0 texturing is perfection. It hurt when I first used it, but my hands adjusted in about a week. It's like developing calluses on your fingers playing guitar. In fact, I was disappointed that my M2.0 Shield wasn't as aggressive.
Well, my issue wasn't about it hurting me... it was ruining my clothes. lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, my issue wasn't about it hurting me... it was ruining my clothes. lol
My granulate Talon grips certainly ruin clothes, but I can't see my M2.0 grips doing that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The best way for me to describe the texture hard and soft rubber granules with perhaps a touch of sand but I'm not even sure about the latter. It's not abrasive, but it is better than the rubberized grips in my opinion. Another way to look at it is that it's a more 3 dimensional rubberized grip. I really have no idea what material the little colored flakes are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts