Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used P220 Carry a week or so ago and I've had it out twice so far. Shoots very nice and the DA/SA thing isn't as big an issue for me as I thought it might be. The DA pull is just over 10# but its quite smooth and DA revolver-like. The SA is 4.25# and seems just dandy.

I believe this pistol was created in 2005/2006 thus the night sights are beginning to dim. I'll replace with a nice bold front and plain black rear. It came with a Hogue grip which I changed out in favor of the E2 SIG grip. Much nicer for my hand.

It came with 3 mags but this is my first 220 so I will need to collect some more. Pistol is used but not abused, bought it from a gentleman with the US Marshall's office. It has the usual small marks and the matte finish is worn smooth from WML. I gave $425 for it and I'm comfortable with the purchase.

Thought I had enough 45s but apparently not ;)

P1050471.JPG P1050469.JPG

·
Registered
995 Posts
My 220 is 28 years old and it is a great pistol. I normally carry a 1911, but my 220 is my "nightstand" gun. If I don't carry a 1911, my 220 is next choice. it is reliable and unbelievably accurate with any ammunition. You really can't go wrong with 220.

·
Registered
36,192 Posts
My 220 is 28 years old and it is a great pistol. I normally carry a 1911, but my 220 is my "nightstand" gun. If I don't carry a 1911, my 220 is next choice. it is reliable and unbelievably accurate with any ammunition. You really can't go wrong with 220.
My son "gave" me a P226 MK-25, saying gave as he expects to inherit it back. It's a great gun to shoot, but too big for me to CC. I suppose if things got really ugly on the home front I could load it up for the wife to use (she didn't care for the G30, preferred my 6906), other than that, It resides in the safe.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Love the classic metal p-series Sigs! A p220 is one I don’t have yet, but I will eventually. Sounds like you got a great deal on yours! The ones I see on Gunbroker seem to go for a lot more than you had to pay. Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Congrats on a great deal on a great gun! An older P-220 is on my wish list! The P-220's make a perfect HD or duty gun and are just a tad big for me to EDC. The older made in Germany ones that are well broken in seem to have better triggers than the newer ones. Just my .02 worth!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I have a West German produced example surplused out of a small Denver Metro PD. Sweet shooter and great for OWB carry.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have a P227 SAS carry and I'm on the lookout for a Gen2 P220 SAS carry, also keeping an eye out for a no rail full Size P220 , I wouldn't object to a 10mm model either lol

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I love the 220 and as I have mentioned before have at times collected them as they were import early enough that some very odd caliber models came out .. They are classic guns heavy well built and a joy to shoot ..Good silencer host as well

Ps in case you are wondering you can get a 220 in 9mm , 9mm styer ( I have only seen this Italy though) , 22lr (this is still or was recently still made) , 38 super and 30 luger ( this could be had with a 38 super conversion kit ) .. They also made them with both heel and button mag relese .. The button being rarer for the non 45acp models .. I have shoot a 38 super 220 it is truly a joy to shoot

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
You'll never hear me argue against a metal P-Series SIG ! Congratulations on a fine weapon !

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was very impressed with the accuracy of the gun, especially considering it was my first time shooting one. DA/SA is new to me and working on a nice double tap was interesting.

My son "gave" me a P226 MK-25, saying gave as he expects to inherit it back. It's a great gun to shoot, but too big for me to CC. I suppose if things got really ugly on the home front I could load it up for the wife to use (she didn't care for the G30, preferred my 6906), other than that, It resides in the safe.
I didn't even know of the P200 Carry version. Not much different than the full size actually being only a half inch shorter in the barrel. Everything else is the same I believe. It handles nicely but will only be a winter carry for me.

Love the classic metal p-series Sigs! A p220 is one I don’t have yet, but I will eventually. Sounds like you got a great deal on yours! The ones I see on Gunbroker seem to go for a lot more than you had to pay. Enjoy!
Yeah, Gunbroker is out of hand on many things these days. Just another China flu side effect I suppose.

Congrats on a great deal on a great gun! An older P-220 is on my wish list! The P-220's make a perfect HD or duty gun and are just a tad big for me to EDC. The older made in Germany ones that are well broken in seem to have better triggers than the newer ones. Just my .02 worth!
Its too big for me to EDC, too, except during the winter months. I need to order some leather now for the new pistol as I believe its going to stay.

I have a P227 SAS carry and I'm on the lookout for a Gen2 P220 SAS carry, also keeping an eye out for a no rail full Size P220 , I wouldn't object to a 10mm model either lol
Kind of a SIG enthusiast, ain't ya?!

I have a West German produced example surplused out of a small Denver Metro PD. Sweet shooter and great for OWB carry.
That sounds like a nice one.

I think the 220 Carry does not get much credit ,check out the 220 SAS SAO w Rosewood grips
Sweet! Love those grips.

I love the 220 and as I have mentioned before have at times collected them as they were import early enough that some very odd caliber models came out .. They are classic guns heavy well built and a joy to shoot ..Good silencer host as well

Ps in case you are wondering you can get a 220 in 9mm , 9mm styer ( I have only seen this Italy though) , 22lr (this is still or was recently still made) , 38 super and 30 luger ( this could be had with a 38 super conversion kit ) .. They also made them with both heel and button mag relese .. The button being rarer for the non 45acp models .. I have shoot a 38 super 220 it is truly a joy to shoot
Most interesting. Thank you for the education.

You'll never hear me argue against a metal P-Series SIG ! Congratulations on a fine weapon !
Thank ya, sir.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also carry a P220 IWB in a Clinger Kydex holster. Very comfortable, and by pulling the grip in tight, no print, even with just a T-shirt. Although, bending over at the waist is a no-no, but otherwise, no-print. Bending at the knees is better for you, anyway.

I switch off between the M11-A1 and the P220. I feel much better with a round chambered with the DA/SA trigger.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
I have a KA vintage P220 and love it. I would love to get P245 or P220 carry. Just have to get the idea past the wife.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I bought a used P220 Carry a week or so ago and I've had it out twice so far. Shoots very nice and the DA/SA thing isn't as big an issue for me as I thought it might be. The DA pull is just over 10# but its quite smooth and DA revolver-like. The SA is 4.25# and seems just dandy.

I believe this pistol was created in 2005/2006 thus the night sights are beginning to dim. I'll replace with a nice bold front and plain black rear. It came with a Hogue grip which I changed out in favor of the E2 SIG grip. Much nicer for my hand.

It came with 3 mags but this is my first 220 so I will need to collect some more. Pistol is used but not abused, bought it from a gentleman with the US Marshall's office. It has the usual small marks and the matte finish is worn smooth from WML. I gave $425 for it and I'm comfortable with the purchase.

Thought I had enough 45s but apparently not ;)

View attachment 335889 View attachment 335888
If that pistol uses the full size 8 rd mags, and I believe they do, check CDNN. They have Act-Mag 8 rd mags for the P220 for $22!!!

Same as the OEM MAGS, just not Sig branded. Over on the Sig forum, there is a discussion about them. Nobody has anything negative to say about them...they are the same as the Sig branded (other than color) mags.
Nice score by the way. You will love it. I have four 220s and a 9mm BDA (which IS a P220) and they are all excellent!

Reactions: Holmes375

·
Registered
574 Posts
If that pistol uses the full size 8 rd mags, and I believe they do, check CDNN. They have Act-Mag 8 rd mags for the P220 for $22!!!

Same as the OEM MAGS, just not Sig branded. Over on the Sig forum, there is a discussion about them. Nobody has anything negative to say about them...they are the same as the Sig branded (other than color) mags.
Nice score by the way. You will love it. I have four 220s and a 9mm BDA (which IS a P220) and they are all excellent!
I just checked, they have a new (but no manufacture date) front night sight for the 220 for $17 too.
Many other Sig parts under “gun parts”. They are listed alphabetically, so you can skip to the later pages. I may need to get a few more mags and the G10 P220 (SAO) grip set.

Reactions: Holmes375

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I just checked, they have a new (but no manufacture date) front night sight for the 220 for $17 too.
Many other Sig parts under “gun parts”. They are listed alphabetically, so you can skip to the later pages. I may need to get a few more mags and the G10 P220 (SAO) grip set.
Already been there for the mags. Got the heads-up on those ACT mags on the Sig forum, too. They're a nice looking black finish. Not many rounds through them yet but no issues so far.

Thanks for the tip to the front sight. I just may go that way and black out the existing rear sight tubes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts