Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Star Firestar in 40 today I hear their nice pistols I know Star is gone . Other than a little thicker across slide almost same size as my PPK Will try to shoot it this weekend and see if will become a carry gun or not. Think of CorBon 165gr for SD good or bad?:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I carry a Star BM (9mm) periodically. My main carry is an Airweight .38+P S&W 637, but sometimes I like to carry the Star instead. These rascals have weight to them though! Especially after carrying the Airweight... For the money, Stars are some of the best values around. Typically well built and I\'m sure mine will outlast me. Mine has digested pretty much whatever ammo I have fed it. Spare mags can generally be found at most gun shows, but other parts would be difficult to come by.

Here is a link you might be interested in regarding Star pistols:

http://www.donttouchme.com/star/firearms/guns/b/index.shtml

Steven

·
Registered
484 Posts
Firestar was/is a good, reliable well made pistol. Star didn\'t die due to poor products! Bad business decisions killed them, and folded Star and Astra into Llama....
Mags are still available, as well as leather.
The 40 should be pretty tame in that compact, due to the heavy weight of the steel. Enjoy!

·
Registered
742 Posts
CDNN

CDNN had a bunch of Star magazines a few weeks ago. Great price and service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.