Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied for my CHP on November 20th and picked it up today, the 28th of December. I intermediately came home and put my PT145 in a Kholster and went to wally world. I went to the sporting goods department to pick up some .45 acp but, they did not have any. So, I settled for some Remington 3" 00 buck for my 12 gauge.

After the stop by the sporting goods, I did some shopping for about 45 minutes or so. Picked up a larger size of pants than I normally wear. I had to crawl on the floor while looking for them. Took my wife through the women's lingerie. I then walked the crowded grocery aisles. This walmart doesn't sell nachos so I picked up some stuff to make them at home

Went to the longest check out line and stood in fron of my buggy so I would be close to the person in front of me. Then Had a brief conversation with the cashier.

No one noticed I was carrying. However, I was able to spot two guys who were.
Eating my nachos as I type this....:popcorn:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats! Nachos sound good right now...

·
Registered
356 Posts
OK...I have been avoiding asking this for a couple of months, hoping it would become obvious to me...but, apparently, I am just too dense.

What is the significance of Wal-Mart (and nachos)? I have been carrying since '74, but only on forums like this the past year or so...

:confused:

By the way...congrats on the permit

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats on the permit and your first carry experience. It's definitely weird to be walking around a store knowing you have a gun on you (legally). It took me all of 90 days to get mine. Actually I went to get mine (after calling a couple times) and it turns out they had it for two weeks before i got a call.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Congrats on the new permit...making NC a little safer.:yup::hand10:

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Congrats on the permit there AW!! :congrats:

Maybe see you next May at the NRA convention in Charlotte. :hand10:

And PaxMentis, the WWW is a rite of passage for new permit holders. Just do a search and read about how many of us lost our :banned:, so to speak, doing the walk.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sweet! Welcome to NC CCHP world.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome to Conceal Carrying in NC!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Wow! And your gun didn't jump out and just start firing wildly? Everyone didn't know. Congratulations My Wally World doesn't sell nachos either, but they do have pretty good chicken wings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on the permit and your first carry experience. It's definitely weird to be walking around a store knowing you have a gun on you (legally). It took me all of 90 days to get mine. Actually I went to get mine (after calling a couple times) and it turns out they had it for two weeks before i got a call.
Congrats on the quick turnaround!!! :congrats:

Lethalstang... Did it take that long here in buncombe county or were you in another county at the time?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats on the quick turnaround!!! :congrats:

Lethalstang... Did it take that long here in buncombe county or were you in another county at the time?

Yep, it was Buncombe Cnty. 90 days seems to be about the average, some get it quicker (if you have connections) and some it takes a little longer. Have you gotten yours yet ?? Welcome to the site by the way !!:hand10:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Another congrats from eastern NC. You mentioned no 45 ammo. My WW hasn't had pistol ammo of any kind when I have been in there for about a month. It was/is supposed to the be highest volume WW for guns and ammo in the district. Many large chain stores like Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas has ammo again, so I wonder what is up with WW. Are their bullying tactics finally catching up or are they maybe getting out of the hand gun ammo business???

Armydad

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another congrats from eastern NC. You mentioned no 45 ammo. My WW hasn't had pistol ammo of any kind when I have been in there for about a month. It was/is supposed to the be highest volume WW for guns and ammo in the district. Many large chain stores like Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas has ammo again, so I wonder what is up with WW. Are their bullying tactics finally catching up or are they maybe getting out of the hand gun ammo business???

Armydad
I have been trying to buy .45 acp there at the west Gastonia store for several months now. I asked the lady in the sporting goods section if they even sold it anymore. She said that it sells out as soon as it is put on the shelves. She also said that a person would have to know when the shipment was coming in and to be there first thing that morning in order to have a chance to purchase it.

So I asked her when the next shipment was coming in...she did not know.:confused:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Congrats! I'm not from SC but welcome to CC in the USA!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Congrats! And what walmart were you at? The one here was out of ALL GAUGE shotgun shells. Grrrr.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Yup... I just checked the official Wal-Mart CCW Verification (AKA:"Wally World Walk") list and your name was there! Congratulations! :rofl:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts