Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an LC9 on backorder for almost 3 months, finally picked it up today. :biggrin2: Put 100 rounds through it without a hitch, 115g PPU and some other cheap 115g range ammo I had lying around. I wanted to shoot more but they had no 9mm at the range; I only threw the 2 boxes in the car as a hedge since they had plenty of ammo 2 days ago, glad I did bring it after all.

I realize a lot of people don't care for this gun but I love this gun. Have rented one 3-4 times previously and kept coming back to it. Have also rented 3 other pocket 9's and still like this the best. Find it very accurate and the trigger is not an issue for me as a self defense weapon. This is my fourth Ruger firearm ( SR9c, LCP, 10/22) and like the others it seems well designed and a very good value. Yes, it has all kinds of safety features that I don't plan to use but so what? Its going in my IWB or pocket holster when I don't feel like carrying the SR9c.

$348 NIB from Buds on reserve backorder. If you are on a budget and want a decent defensive 9 you should seriously consider shooting one of these. Theres a reason they are out of stock so many places. And if you really don't like the long trigger pull theres a company that has a mod to shorten the pull significantly for around $70 or so ( Galloway). Even then you'd be less than $425 for a nice little 9 that can handle +p.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
pics or it didnt happen :)

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Congrats! :danceban:

Good choice man. Now start thinking about adding some fine Ruger revolvers to your collection.
Indeed. A nice KLCR, perhaps? SP101 with a 4" barrel? GP100 plus trench coat? :smile:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Congrats! Pics?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Congrats on a fine purchase!

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
My wife carries an LC9 and shoots it very well. Has been 100% reliable so far and is surprisingly accurate. Congrats on the new pistol.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I love my LC9 but I did do a couple of modifications. I added a Galloway hammer and took out the mag safety. Smoothed the trigger out quite a bit and shortened the break point.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I love my LC9 but I did do a couple of modifications. I added a Galloway hammer and took out the mag safety. Smoothed the trigger out quite a bit and shortened the break point.
I have a SR9c and love American made Rugers, but that trigger on the LC9 stinks. I am not big on modifying triggers on carry guns, but trigger surely needs a modification.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I made a trade for one. The trigger is a training issue, and can be overcome with some practice. The mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator are things I really do not like about it. There are easy fixes for both. Put a set of Big dots on it, and call it a day. Good little gun....

·
Registered
570 Posts
The hammer was a drop in. Took me about 15 minutes since I went slowly and carefully. I did not use the Galloway trigger bar, just the hammer. the hammer moved the break point up some but the trigger bar also moved the reset point WAY forward. Contrary to what they say on their site it made follow up shots a real problem for me. Just the hammer did not have the same problem.

Removing the mag safety smoothed the trigger pull out a lot also. Both mods still maintain the DAO pull which is a good safety factor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts