Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was torn for a few weeks between the G19 and G26. I decided on the G26 and picked it up this past weekend. I got to shoot it Sunday with 2 of my sons. I think it shoots very nice with very manageable recoil. The Foxx IWB holster I ordered should arrive tomorrow and hopefully I will get a chance to shoot it again this weekend and it will be my EDC.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only took 1 with my phone to text it to my son. He was not a happy camper as he had commitments at school and could not go with me to pick it up. I doubt I am smart enough to transfer to my computer. Once I get the holster I will take some and post them.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
I don't have the pinky extension on mine, works fine.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Do you suggest getting the grip adapter(I think that is what it is called) for them or do you use just the mags?
Whatever works for you. I don't have a prob with just the mag hanging out.

I'll be on a motorcycle trip carrying the G26 next week, and I just find it comforting to have a couple spares on me.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
At the range I will throw some of my G17 mags (17 rd) through it and just for kicks use the 33 rd. With that 33 rd mag in that little gun it looks like I am shooting an upside down L.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
The Glock-26 is a very concealable 9mm...a great shooter...you've made a fine SD choice.
I did put the pinky extension (no extra rounds) on mine which does help with the grip.

·
Registered
42,130 Posts
I only took 1 with my phone to text it to my son. He was not a happy camper as he had commitments at school and could not go with me to pick it up. I doubt I am smart enough to transfer to my computer. Once I get the holster I will take some and post them.
Give your phone to your son and let him do it.

Reactions: .XX and Stoveman

·
Registered
632 Posts
Good on you. Don't forget to pick up a few G19 mags.
Or just grab some G17 mags and skip the ones for the 19. I like to keep a handful of flush fitting mags for each of my smaller Glocks (G26, G19) but I stock up on G17 mags. I use them for reloads with all my 9mm Glocks. The G17 mag will fit and function in any 9mm Glock so if you ever plan on getting a G17 it might be a good idea to start stocking up now! :biggrin2:

The G17 mag is the jack of all trades reload/range 9mm Glock mag in my book.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Great choice! I made the same decision last September and couldn't be happier. It's now my only gun and I feel very well protected. My wife's got a Gen 3 Model 26 but we might try to upgrade her to the Gen 4 because the grip is a bit smaller and might fit her hands better (not that she shoots that much, about once or twice a year).

Regarding the magazines, I can shoot the gun fine with the stock mag, but I do like the feel of the GAP floor plates and the Glock 2-round extensions for various methods of concealed carry. For home defense and a spare, I usually can lay my hands on a 15-round magazine with an X-Grip adapter. I used that setup for shooting the IDPA Classifier match this spring and managed to squeak in to the Expert class of the Stock Service Pistol division. And this came about after five years of being stuck as a Sharpshooter when I was shooting .40 caliber Glocks, including a G35.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts