Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday we drove up to Mt. Pleasant in central Utah to pick up our new "sheep camp." The builder did a beautiful job on the rig. They had a few things to install that needed our input and they wanted us to spend the night in it there so we could thoroughly test everything and they could make any adjustments this morning. They also installed the load equalizing hitch, showed me how to set it up, and helped me adjust the trailer brakes which was something I never had the occasion to use before.

We drove it home this afternoon and I was amazed at how well it trailered behind our Silverado 2500 HD. It handled much easier than our dive boat ever did behind the Tahoe we used to own. It still took me a couple of tries to get it properly backed in to the slot we have for it next to the house.

Sink and cabinets

Propane stove, wood burning stove, dinette, and bunks

Looking towards the door. Reefer on the left and bathroom to the right. Lots of storage.

Getting stuff moved in with the wife yesterday.

This morning prior to departure for home.

Home in the driveway.

·
Registered
43,531 Posts
Now that's a hunting rig.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many a night I have wished for something with heat in it while camping. Looks great. Congrats!
Thank you.

Even though my wife is a very good sport, I would have a tough time getting my wife to be as enthusiastic about helping me with my hunts if she did not have a place to retreat to that was warm at the end of the day. The wood burning stove should be a big help in drying out any gear that is wet.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! I have to say, I have never seen a wood stove in a camper before.
This type of trailer is based on a traditional design that has been used in many of the western states for a long time by the sheep herders. This is a bit nicer than the original design, but has everything we want and nothing we don't want.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Wow! Very nice, sir, worth the wait for sure. Thanks for sharing the pics, too.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I could live like that long term, (now desire to); super nice set up.
They seem to be exceptionally well made and was actually less expensive than other travel trailers that we looked at that we did not like as much.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It seems to be just enough of everything that you'd need.
I particularly like the wood stove. Wood heat is just about the most dry and comfortable heat there is.

I used to hunt with a guy who had a nice little camper, but its heating system left a lot to be desired. A snow-insulated tent might've been warmer.
Obviously, you won't have that problem.

As my grandmother used to say: Use it in good health.

·
Super Moderator
20,014 Posts
Really nice! I'm just curious: When the trailer is parked in trhe field and the tow vehicle is unhitched, how is it stabilized? Scissor jacks at all 4 corners?

·
Registered
99 Posts
G26Raven,

Congrats on the new Camp.

Can you advise what Model yawl got? I'm looking at the manufacturers web site now and can't tell for sure.

Is it the Frontier?

Again, well done and we'll look forward to a Report after you take it hunting !

gamboolman....

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really nice! I'm just curious: When the trailer is parked in trhe field and the tow vehicle is unhitched, how is it stabilized? Scissor jacks at all 4 corners?
Yes, there are four scissor jacks.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
G26Raven,

Congrats on the new Camp.

Can you advise what Model yawl got? I'm looking at the manufacturers web site now and can't tell for sure.

Is it the Frontier?

Again, well done and we'll look forward to a Report after you take it hunting !

gamboolman....
It's a Survivalist 25 footer, but we had them chop a foot off of it to shave some weight and cost. They will pretty much customize them just about any way you want. Here's a link to the exact model.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts