Defensive Carry banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,549 Posts
Yes, there are four scissor jacks.
If I recall I think they make stabilizing jacks that bolt or clamp on to the trailer frame.
They are a bit safer and more stable than a scissor jack that can slip. Might want to look into that.
I remember when you first posted y'all were getting this. Glad it has met all your expectations.
Remember we will need a range report not only on your first hunt but also on the trailer.
I am happy for y'all.

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If I recall I think they make stabilizing jacks that bolt or clamp on to the trailer frame.
They are a bit safer and more stable than a scissor jack that can slip. Might want to look into that.
I remember when you first posted y'all were getting this. Glad it has met all your expectations.
Remember we will need a range report not only on your first hunt but also on the trailer.
I am happy for y'all.
I called them "scissor jacks" because I didn't know there was any other kind, but yes, these are fastened permanently and directly to the frame.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
That is so COOL!

Congrats!!!

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's a Survivalist 25 footer, but we had them chop a foot off of it to shave some weight and cost. They will pretty much customize them just about any way you want. Here's a link to the exact model.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Awesome rig!!! Enjoy!!😀😎

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Super Moderator
24,863 Posts
First, do some shake-down overnights in your driveway. Make sure all of the exhaust and vent stacks are clear. Those will give you some additional ideas of stuff you need.

Then start doing multiple overnights in your driveway for the same reason. More ideas will come.

When you are comfortable with it, do some short trips to campgrounds with overnights. The old timers will come over to kick the tires, and might teach you some tricks.

Always check tire pressures every time before you begin towing! Every time!

First trick - get a battery powered drill to run your jacks up and down, but gently. Level carefully, always side by side and front by front - never diagonally. Your manual will specify the exact method. Follow it.

Then you’ll start feeling ready for dry camping on your own.

For the black tank, look up “calgon method” or “GEO method”.

Consider a small quiet generator too.

Also memorize the total height and put that on your mirrors! Both of you.

I could tell you more, but you haven’t invited me and my DW out. 😂

This place has a lot of learned members: The RV Forum Community

Just do not talk about guns at that RV place. You might get banned. 😳

I just shared some tips from some…ah…personal experiences. 😨

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Wow, that is a very nice setup I haven't seen one like that.

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Wow, that is a very nice setup I haven't seen one like that.
It's a western state thing. You'll see them in Utah, Colorado, probably also up in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Looking good....i have a state park about 80 miles that allows bow hunting after thanksgiving...they open the showers and and laundry room for hunters....you may have pushed me to go try it out...even if i strike out i love camping so it would be a win either way.

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Looking good....i have a state park about 80 miles that allows bow hunting after thanksgiving...they open the showers and and laundry room for hunters....you may have pushed me to go try it out...even if i strike out i love camping so it would be a win either way.
Our bow hunting season starts in mid-August and runs through most of September. I have a multi-season spike elk tag this year, as well as a multi-season buck tag. During archery, I am not limited to a spike, but could also take a bull or cow in the appropriate zones. Muzzleloader runs September 29-October 7. We have an early and late buck rifle season and a spike elk rifle season. They're all in October. I will probably be pretty thrashed by the end of the season.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts