Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not fired it yet, but from reports from other who have and the Trijicon that was on my shotgun mounted here....it should be fun.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
That would play with holster makers minds.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No holstering required....goin go for a range and home defense weapon.

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Nice! I'm thinking of getting one for my FNP45 Tactical. I hope you check back in and let us know how it works for you once you've had a chance to put some rounds downrange with it.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I love the idea but in the little time that I have actually put in on the range with one, I found that I was distracted by the frame of the holo. I'm sure that I could train my eye to ignore it but I had real issues with target acquisition because my eye was draw to the square frame. I'm not sure why I have this with the hand gun but not on my long sticks. I run RDS on all of my ARs and do not experience this with them.

BTW. Nice pistol! Is that one of the S&W CORE offerings or a custom piece?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CORE

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Very cool, looking forward to your range report. I run an RMR02 on my FNP45T and I'm very pleased with it. It did take a fair amount of practice as I had to change my presentation to make getting the dot into my line of sight more consistent. The thing to remember is to treat it like a red dot on a long gun and focus on the target rather than the dot/sight superimposing the dot on the target. Once you get that down it starts getting easier fast. Also, if you cowitness the dot with your sights that helps a lot too, line the sights up and the dot is right there.

I think that these new S&Ws, along with the FNs and the popularity of the guns from Suarez and Bowie, are proof of the growing popularity of mini red dots on handguns and their acceptance as viable sighting options for self defense oriented handguns.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Nice looking pistol...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.