Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics of my new Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm with my Ruger P95 for size comparison. I love my P95, but the Taurus is so small I can carry it in my lounge pants pocket around the house.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
man i like that gun...i had been toying with another .380 but that 709 is so small and it handles well...nice sights and good features...

good comparison shots....

·
Registered
862 Posts
some great looking guns! thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
829 Posts
nice revolvers in the pic!

I have a PF9 and find it a little big for my pockets... glad it works for you! You seem to have a IWB/pocket/ankle options... prepared in all situations!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wow, very nice. That's almost as small as a PF-9. The Taurus' looks are starting to grow on me too.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I've been a die-hard revolver man my whole life and just ventured into autos the last couple of years. I greatly appreciate you recognizing my collection being based on situational preparedness. Each gun was a purpose driven buy for different situations and carry types (except the 3 on the right my Dad gave me). The top right 22 revolver was my first handgun and it is dead on accurate. Shot thousands through it. The H&R 922 below it belonged to the pastor that baptised me as a kid. He died a few years ago at 94. It stayed by his bed loaded for decades. The Ruger 357 was my first "big caliber" handgun. The S&W snubs were my first CC guns and the P95 my first auto. The new Taurus, you just can't appreciate how small and light the PT709 is until you hold it. For me, it shoots as nice as it looks and feels. For now, I think I've got my bases covered.....until something new comes out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
BigDude - it's pretty awesome that you offer these two pistols for comparison, because they are my two CC weapons (depending on what I'm wearing).

I've had my P95 since it hit the market (I actually had it on special order), and it's been very good to me! But, the 709 has earned a special place in my heart!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts