Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EDC for months has been my Taurus PT709 Slim. It's been great, 600 flawless rounds, easy to carry, and VERY accurate.

I've been shopping for a 40 caliber and picked up the XD40sc yesterday. The similarities of shape, size, and feel of these two guns is amazing. I can use the same IWB holster. When you lay one over the other, the trigger guard shape at the front is the only variation, and the thickness.

I shoot the PT709 Slim more acurately, but I have 600 rounds through it versus 50 with the XD40. I'm sure with practice, it will be just as accurate. The similar comfortable feel is very appealing. I will carry both of these weapons depending on carry needs, attire, etc.

Here are a couple of comparative pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you like the 709, you should check out the Taurus 'What's New for 2010' brochure - the just introduced a PT-740 in 40S&W. I'm waiting for the PT-745!!

PT-740

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you like the 709, you should check out the Taurus 'What's New for 2010' brochure - the just introduced a PT-740 in 40S&W. I'm waiting for the PT-745!!

PT-740
My 709 has been awesome and I will be anxious to see the 40 version. I had wished Taurus shaped the front of the trigger guard like the XD, but in 9mm it wasn't a big deal. I needed that grip point for the 40. I also liked the extended mag option of the XD. The Millenium PT140 was a serious consideration, but the trigger on the XD was similar to the 709 and the PT140 was not. The XD-40sc was the best of both worlds and not so much wider to be obtrusive. I'll keep my eyes out for the 40 version just out of curiosity. Some folks knock Taurus, but mine has been perfect. The XD line from SA has had a great track record for some time.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Congrats to the new toy; it looks cute :smile:

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Taurus looks like a great gun. Havent had a chance to shoot it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts