Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the EAA Zastava EZ Pistol? I have read articles online about this gun but want some real world experience from someone that has one (please be constructive, no "I heard they were crap" third party hearsay).

I have been looking for one locally so I could see it for myself in person but they seem to be very elusive. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

·
Administrator
143,701 Posts
Try shopping around for spare mags before you buy one.

I was told that obtaining extra magazines for them can be somewhat of a problematic affair.

Also if you buy it with an intention to carry it then find out ahead of time about holster availability since it is not a really common/popular carry gun.

Those bits of hearsay are the only real world experience that I have with the pistol and are only offered as things to investigate and consider before making a purchase.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't plan to use it as a carry gun, only a range toy. I did find out you can convert P226 mags to fit it.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I am surprised Sig hasnt sued yet it is VERY similar to the p226 in appearance. There is a well written article in this months Combat Handguns. About them. Check it out.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think it was imported by Charles Daly at one time. I think retail was around $350. I had the chance to handle one back then and it was amazing how close to my 226 it was. I'll post whatever else I can find out.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
There is no problem getting mags for this pistol. You can get them here. EAAcorp.com - European American Armory Inc. - Homepage They are at the bottom of the page. Buying one is not advisable. The prices are 1 for $40 or 2 for $50. Buying two makes much more sense (and cents).

I don't have any experience with this firearm, but am familiar with buying mags from EAA.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have shot the charles Daly variant. If you like a Sig, you will like this pistol. The particular model that I shot, actually had a better trigger than most Sigs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts