Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture posting is wide open now for those of you that want to post pictures.....
:eek:uttahere

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
So Bumper I maybe computer illiterate but how the heck do I put a picture in here, I just cant figure it out. Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
acparmed said:
So Bumper I maybe computer illiterate but how the heck do I put a picture in here, I just cant figure it out. Thanks

I posted these instructions in a diffrent thread on how to post an icon but you can use the same instructions to post a picture. Just put
at the end. The picture must be posted somewhere on the internet. if you want to post your own picture you must upload it to a hosting service.
=======================================================

OK here is what you do to add a smiley. Pick any smiley and right click on it. In this case we will use the thumbs up. Left click on properties location them high light location and copy it. Them paste it and you will get this

http://combatcarry.com/vbulletin/im...cons/icon14.gif

Now all you need to do is add this to the front

you will wind up with this
and it will show this on screen

You can use this method to copy any picture from any site but if you copy a picture that belongs to someone’s private site it is considered stealing bandwidth.
But it isn't a big deal if you post a picture like this

Because it is from a commercial site and S&W is probably glad to see their guns getting exposure.

There is a post icons box at the bottom of the screen but you can find free icons by doing a google search. just be careful because some of those "FREE" icons contain spyware

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
silvercorvette said:
No more like this those are thumb nails but these don't require that you click on them for a full view image
The purpose of thumbnails, however, are so you don't have to load the images every time unless you want to see them. It speeds the loading of pages and saves bandwidth. Most people don't want to see every picture, every time they visit a thread. Not to mention that when you link the graphic rather than post it, when the site is down that you are linking to it will not show the picture and will drastically slow down the load of the page....

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
acparmed said:
When you post, if you will look below the box that you enter your reply or original post in, you will see a button marked "Manage Attachments". If you click that it will open a place for you to browse your PC for the location of whatever picture you want to post. When you find it you add it and go to the next one. The pictures are automatically thumbnailed below your post so people can get an idea of what the picture. Clicking on a thumbnail will enlarge the photo to original size. It's an efficient way to post pictures. We have unlimited space for storage, but a limited (although not close to being fully utilized) amount of bandwidth.

You can also link to pictures on other websites, but many of the links will break at some point and the picture is gone from the post....

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Thank you Bumper, I think i've got it now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.