Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Some new pictures, both of my pistols, and my roommates :) It's great to have a bunch of guys who all live in the same house with the same interests. Anyway, the S&W .357 is his, and he got it from his grandfather. Looking at it, I want one. I want a shorter barrel, but I'd also like one about that size (8"). Does anyone know if S&W still makes 'em like that?

btw the first pic is the 3 guns, the second is just an assortment of why it is definately a BAD idea to come creeping around our house in the middle of the night unannounced, and the third well, similar to a carry set up, but only for around the house :)

--Jim

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Yes, Smith still makes 8 3/8" revolvers.

Nice collection of tools there.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Just wondering>>>Why is the revo hammer cocked ? Just remember,it is impossible to have too many guns and too much ammo.-------

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RZZ,

had the hammer on the revo cocked because it's a SA/DA, and i actually love the SA trigger pull on it. So crisp, and clean.

when I put it away after the pics, the hammer was lowered on an empty cylinder.

btw~ all the pistols are unloaded (obviously).

--Jim

·
Administrator
143,816 Posts
Nice Photos

Thanks for posting them.
It's nice to have a few gun/knife photos to look at w/ the morning cup of "Joe"

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Jim - very nice. :thumbsup:

I love long tubes and have that length on one of my M27's. What ''dash'' number is that revo? I see it has the pinned floating firing pin in hammer and so hardly a new gun at all.

Might it be a 686 or 686-1? Lovely piece - yum! :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Nice set! (I can say that and my wife knows not to worry)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris,

it's actually a 686 :)

and it's nice.... i can hardly wait to get it to the range and put a box through it...(my roommates and my schedules have to line up to do that...)

--Jim

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ron - <sigh> - hallucinating again! :biggrin:.

The revo is that 8 3/8" snubby on the right BTW! :banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts