Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you store you different types and sizes of ammo? Are they categorized? are they all thrown in a box? What do you store it in and where? I'm curious and would love to see some pics.

All my piles of ammo are in a cardboard box and I need a new system.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Sorry, no pics, but my ammo gets stored in ammo cans with a different can for each caliber. That reminds me, need two more cans. :image035:

·
Registered
928 Posts
My ammo was lost in the same tragic boating accident that caused the loss of my guns as well....

·
Registered
86 Posts
if i can recall after my alien abduction the "greys" took all the ammo for target practice on the other side of the moon..wait...i mean WHAT ammo??

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I got a wood crate from a CT scanner's heat exchanger.

I stack ammo boxes in there and it is more then enough for as little ammo as I have.

·
Registered
261 Posts
What ammo would you be referring to?
I'm sorry...... I have no weapons, no ammo, and if I did, I'm sure they were lost in a tragic flood that may or may not have occurred in the past, or in a flood that may occur in the future.....or tornado......possibly even fire........

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Factory ammo is stored in the original boxes

Pistol/revolver handloads are either in MTM-style cases or bulk in 5x5x5 inch cardboard containers

Rifle handloads are in MTM cases with the exception of .308 and .223. The .308 is in M1 Garand clips or bulk boxes and the .223 is in 10-round stripper clips.

With the exception of some SD ammo kept with its respective pistol(s), all my ammo is in a dedicated ammo cabinet adjacent to the gun vault.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
My ammo stash looks like the warehouse that Indiana Jones stored the Ark of the Covenant in.
I saw that movie...:yup:
Which box was yours?:rofl:

To the OP...
Mine is all stored in two safes...with guns, of course.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Most of my ammo is stored at the backstop at my local range...

Bottom shelf of the safe (I know your not suppose to store ammo with firearms)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Surplus ammo cans, by caliber. Some calibers have multiple cans. Just stacked in a closet in my office / gun room.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't have any ammo, but if I did I would probably store it in some metal lock-boxes that I also don't currently have. I am interested in seeing (only on the web as I have no use for them) some of the ammo cans that others in this thread don't own because they have any ammo either.

If anybody would like to post a link to some of these hypothetical ammo cans where some nut-job gun owner (of which I don't personally know any) might purchase them at a good price, I would appreciate it. This will help me to protest them as I am a peaceful citizen that wants nothing more than to be a good citizen serving my government.

·
Registered
441 Posts
No pictures but I use GI ammo cans for each caliber. I use plastic flip top ammo boxes for added protection. You can get the boxes pretty cheap from Midway in bulks of ten and you get the sitckey labels for labeling.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use the ammo/dry box things from MTM and also Military Ammo cans. I keep my .22 , 7.62X39, .39 and .45 ACP in different cans though.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Labled one gallon ziplock backs inside military ammo cans. Different can for each caliber. I don't keep in factory box due room. If it is factory ammo I tear off the portion of the box that has lot number and put that in the ziplock bag.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I have several ammo cans stored around the house.Number,ammo calibers
classified.Some would call me an enthusiast others would call me a fanatic I guess
it depends what perspective you are looking from. It's something I like to do
shoot and learn more about more some of the classic firearms I own.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts