Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being female, the whole pink gun thing I find insulting. I'm woman enough to own a black/gray gun.

Like, do you think if they start making baby blue guns the men would flock to purchase them? Guns are for protection, they kill people....to the gun makers, don't patronize me!

Note: For those that own pink guns I'm not picking, just stating a personal opinion and fact that I'm sick and tired of my LGS showing me the pink guns just because I have breast......

:motz:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have breasts and they don't show them to me. Man boobs ftw...lol. but seriously, I can see how this could be offending. But on the other side I could see how some might wanna say "I'm a girl and like pink so what I still like guns". Idk, either way I don't plan on ever getting anything other than wood, black, of silver.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Unfortunately, because of some of your fellow sisters, it is a self-inflicted wound that keeps being visited on you. At least they don't offer them to me.......I guess there is a blessing being old, bald and male.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Being female, the whole pink gun thing I find insulting. I'm woman enough to own a black/gray gun.

Like, do you think if they start making baby blue guns the men would flock to purchase them? Guns are for protection, they kill people....to the gun makers, don't patronize me!

Note: For those that own pink guns I'm not picking, just stating a personal opinion and fact that I'm sick and tired of my LGS showing me the pink guns just because I have breast......

Diamondback does have a baby blue colored gun lol ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
There are better gun related issues to become enraged about. Plenty of women like pink. Suppose I wasn't a car enthusiast. As a man, should I be offended that the salesman at the dealership took me to the sports car instead of the mini van? Of course not. Firearms, generally speaking, is a male dominated subject. I'm sure they are just trying to accommodate the fairer sex. And trust me, if they had a black gun with flames that shot out of it (other than the muzzle), leather grips and had 500hp of engine attached to it, it would get shown to only the men. All stereotypes lie somewhere between the truth and a lie.

Sent from blah blah blah....

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't care what color gun a woman chooses, as long as shoots them and enjoys shooting. I wouldn't care if a date possessed better marksmanship than I did. Truth be told I'd ask her for pointers.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't care what color gun a woman chooses, as long as shoots them and enjoys shooting. I wouldn't care if a date possessed better marksmanship than I did. Truth be told I'd ask her for pointers.
Your missing the point. It's the fact BECAUSE I'm female they (LGS) seem to think I'll gravitate towards the pink guns. Personally I love red but since guns are used for killing and assault, red would be stupid.
Could you see the USA military going to war with rainbow bright guns?

I always shot better than my boyfriends, made them mad... :tongue:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
OK, I recently bought my 31 yr old daughter, degreed professional, a pink gun. She has a lot of pink clothes, her shooting glasses are pink and her ear muffs are pink. SHe loved the pink gun and posted photos of it on her social media pages.

She really loved the gun being pink but once she shot the gun, the color no longer mattered. She handed it to me and wanted something else. Now I have a pink gun. My being 6'2" and 260 lbs, I am secure in my masculinity and do not mind shooting it. Yet I will stick to my 1911 and let ladies I work with try the gun.

But it is pink and girl babies always get pink blankets and such. So why not a pink gun for a female?

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
My wife has a Beretta Neos tricked out in pink........she is not offended by it. If it insults you don't buy it. But evidently many women do not feel the way you do.:smile:

·
Banned
12,068 Posts

Dang it woman you sure don't have any problems :blink: expressing :22a: yourself do you?? Just so you know I got no prob w/you doing just that and no you don't need my permission to speak your mind...Shazam!!

In the course of my lifetime I've owned blued, browned, parkerized, iron, in the white, black, SS and camo guns. But if someone offered me a handgun in my caliber of choice for edc with baby blue grips if I couldn't remove and sand down the grips or change them out I'd say "No thanks amigo." As I walked away I'd add "Thanks fer nuttin goof ball.":mad:

·
Registered
699 Posts

My wife feels pretty much the same way. "I do not want to have to pull a pink gun to defend my life." I'll be the first to say, I don't want to be shot by a pink gun. I think she (my wife) equates a "fun" gun with not taking it seriously. She has a great self-defense mind set, and I would not want to be on the other side if her flag goes up...even if she had a pink gun.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I think you should perhaps be happy that more women are choosing to arm themselves. If pink colors make women more likely to carry, then so much the better.

If women didn't buy the pink guns...there would be none to buy.

Maybe the reason the sales guys try to steer you to the pink guns is because they know the guys are not going to buy them...so they hope you will.

Of all the gun related issues to get angry about...this ain't one.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts