Defensive Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
More security is cool, but there's still a problem.

"When a young mother in the neighborhood was recently stabbed multiple times in front of her children, a Seal security officer was the first to arrive on scene."

Nothing beats 'being personally armed'. Yes, more security is useful, but in this case, they were just in time to make the report instead of putting the dirtbag into the coroner's van.

Had the young mother been armed, she could have perforated the assailant right on the spot.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Look for more of this as government can no longer afford to provide services at the same level that it previously did.

Expect more potholes and longer disruptions in services after a disaster.

Of course no one in political office will admit that the coffers contain nothing but promises and unicorn dust.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
More security is cool, but there's still a problem.

"When a young mother in the neighborhood was recently stabbed multiple times in front of her children, a Seal security officer was the first to arrive on scene."

Nothing beats 'being personally armed'. Yes, more security is useful, but in this case, they were just in time to make the report instead of putting the dirtbag into the coroner's van.

Had the young mother been armed, she could have perforated the assailant right on the spot.
I think you meant "perforated the assailant. But as you chose to use the word "perorated," her
peroration might have been, "stop or I'll shoot, bang!" That would have been an appropriate
grandiloquent finale to her oration on the matter.

Reactions: atctimmy

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Contracted police force..Interesting....

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
I think you meant "perforated the assailant. But as you chose to use the word "perorated," her
peroration might have been, "stop or I'll shoot, bang!" That would have been an appropriate
Yep, 'perforated'...old eyes...:banghead:

Reactions: IBGoodToGo

·
Banned
12,068 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
AHA!! A new word for us to pontificate on. Just wish I knew what 'grandiloquent meant. :hmm:
No worries. It is just a rather silly word, the use of which rarely adds clarity to a statement and implies that the user probably spends too much time alone in dark closets. Sorry for the run-on sentence Hopy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So what's wrong with spending time alone in a dark closet?

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Company police or police is good but a security guard is only a paid set of eyes to call 911. If a security guard does anything more then he or she is stepping out of the bounds of their job description.

·
Registered
43,532 Posts
A neighborhood that can afford hired security is too rich for my blood. I am my own armed security team.

·
8,501 Posts
Nicely done Sir. Yet I fear your bombast has derailed this thread.

Reactions: Hopyard

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Company police or police is good but a security guard is only a paid set of eyes to call 911. If a security guard does anything more then he or she is stepping out of the bounds of their job description.
That all depends on the job they were hired for. A lot of people are learning that private contractors are a better option for them than LEOs. Not being the government the Constitution does not prohibit us from doing things that the police can't do. We can enforce your policies. If the cops do it it is called official oppression.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Sharpstown in Houston , rough neighborhood. My wife used to work in a gated office complex there. At night i would pick her up... Even the Hookers looked tough.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts