Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Somalia? What does eating bad infected chicken have to do with oil platforms? Maybe this is the new way to stop the border people in Mexico, feed them bad chicken :yup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Just saw this story about pirates in the Gulf of Mexico attacking oil platforms and supply ships.
Guess it is not just in Somalia anymore.

https://gcaptain.com/pirates-attack-micoperi-osv-in-gulf-of-mexico-injuring-two/
Certainly frightening to contemplate. Drug running via small vessels is also a pretty serious criminal enterprise, too. It was starting to be increasingly common off California before we left. When we would run our boat out to the offshore islands, I always carried a pistol.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
In all seriousness, I read this article in my news feed and think it’s only a matter of time that somebody get’s shot. Between the guns that Eric Holder gave the cartels and the guns that the American People around the gulf have it’s a situation just waiting to happen, won’t be long.

I don’t see our wonderful president (and I mean this, I like him) standing by for this mess. They won’t be pirates for long, they will be somebodies Mrs. in a jail cell :yup: or gunpowder stuffed fish bait.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
In all seriousness, I read this article in my news feed and think it’s only a matter of time that somebody get’s shot. Between the guns that Eric Holder gave the cartels and the guns that the American People around the gulf have it’s a situation just waiting to happen, won’t be long.

I don’t see our wonderful president (and I mean this, I like him) standing by for this mess. They won’t be pirates for long, they will be somebodies Mrs. in a jail cell :yup: or gunpowder stuffed fish bait.
My votes for fish bait. We have enough of our own jail birds to take care of....

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are already shooting people. Article said an Italian was shot in the shoulder by the pirates.
The shooting war has begun in the Gulf.
Give our Coast Guard the proper rules of engagement and hunt these scum down like we did in the 17th century
Or maybe just call out the Cajun and Texas navy. Good ol' boys with fast fishing boats and armed to the teeth.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
They are already shooting people. Article said an Italian was shot in the shoulder by the pirates.
The shooting war has begun in the Gulf.
Give our Coast Guard the proper rules of engagement and hunt these scum down like we did in the 17th century
Or maybe just call out the Cajun and Texas navy. Good ol' boys with fast fishing boats and armed to the teeth.
Italian person prolly didn’t have a gun. I love Italian ppl, some of my best friends. Here in the states they carry but not in Italy. Like was said, an American (Cajun 😉) would blow them out the water IMHO. :yup:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Piracy in the western hemisphere isn't new. Beside historical references, we have that going on in the Caribbean for the last decade. Heck, it has gone on in Falcon Lake between the US and Mexico. It has been going on in South America (the southern part of the western hemisphere) for quite a while, also.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-shipping-piracy/pirate-attacks-grow-in-south-america-and-caribbean-report-idUSKCN1IO1JP
Piracy And Armed Robbery Against Ships In Latin America And The Caribbean 2017

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
More jobs for private security contractors. A small increase in costs of doing business. More funny "pirates attack the wrong ship" videos on YouTube for our entertainment. BTW, I would volunteer for that mission! Talk about shooting fish in a barrel!

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
With the requirement that commercial vessels be equipped with AIS, a system that supplies a vessels ID,course, speed and cargo, the pirates are using AIS receivers to choose and track their targets.

Recreational systems have the ability to go into "stealth mode"(receive only). That doesn't always work though. Private vessels are still raided in the Gulf and Caribbean.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Not surprising given the location in relation to Central America. Piracy has also been a big problem in the Caribbean for over 30 years. Just my .02 worth!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Nothing new.
My Aunt and Uncle lived on a boat in the mid 80's out on the West Coast. They tell about being boarded one night off the coast of Peru. When the boarders were met with an 870, they decided they had the wrong boat.
My Uncle always said he would never go south of the U.S. Border without proper arms.

·
Registered
33,980 Posts
Not surprising given the location in relation to Central America. Piracy has also been a big problem in the Caribbean for over 30 years. Just my .02 worth!
Friend of mine worked on a dive charter boat in the southern Bahamas. He grew tired of pulling watch with an AK-47 to keep the "visitors" away in the wee hours.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used to build golf courses. In the winter it was kind of hard to do some of the things that needed to be done. So we cut way back. In 1978 several of us rented a sailboat to sail the Caribbean for the winter. The first thing out of the boat renters mouth was "What Kind Of Gun Are You Carrying"? We did not know what he meant. He explained to us that piracy was alive and well in the Caribbean. He WOULD NOT rent his boat to a unarmed individual. I had a SKS and a Colt Python. He said that would do for a start.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts