Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people put pens, shotgun shells, dowel rods, or other things in the trigger guard of their pistol to raise it up to take a photo? What's up with that?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
A little bit for a better camera angle, and a little bit for artistic license if I had to guess.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why do people put pens, shotgun shells, dowel rods, or other things in the trigger guard of their pistol to raise it up to take a photo? What's up with that?
It provides better perspective and makes for a more dynamic photo.
Most people don't have the stuff that pro photogs use to make it happen, so they use what is at hand.
IMHO

·
Registered
281 Posts
adds (3d) dimension to the photo

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Is this supposed to be a safety related question?

Personally I think a nice handgun, like Mrs Thins recently refinished G17, really brings out the best in my fancy Zebra pen.

IMG_0104.jpg

Reactions: OD* and Pijo73

·
Registered
309 Posts
If it lays flat I must have my phone flat to photo it and the phone does not know which way is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is this really a legitimate question? Really? lol
The fella put a question mark at the end, so yep, legit question. ;)

It took me a second to figure out the purpose when I saw the a gun "posed" that way the first time too. We don't all have "artsy" tendencies.

Everyone you meet knows something you don't.
- H. Jackson Brown

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
The fella put a question mark at the end, so yep, legit question. ;)

It took me a second to figure out the purpose when I saw the a gun "posed" that way the first time too. We don't all have "artsy" tendencies.

- H. Jackson Brown
And with a little logical thinking, anyone should be able to figure it out, without anyone's help. lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
And with a little logical thinking, anyone should be able to figure it out, without anyone's help. lol
That statement probably applies to half the questions ever asked, anywhere.

Depending on nothing but your own intellect is one option, but if you're not sure of the answer that you come up with it doesn't hurt to ask.

Unless of course someone is so certain of their infallibility that they don't ever need to verify their results.

- H. Jackson Brown

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Better question...

Why do they put knives, lights, batons and all of the other crap in their "kit", with them?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
because they think its the 1990's.

If propping up the gun does not allow for a unique angle or highlight one feature of another, its really pointless. Its like those guys who try to take a cool picture of their car but cut the tires in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I have a pen and a phone which, as I understand it, is more powerful than a pen and a gun. Or maybe, a locomotive... :rolleyes:

I can leap tall buildings in a single bound - but only for about three more weeks. :frown:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I did that once, back hurt for more than 3 weeks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts