Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A girlfriend of mine just bought an XD-9sc and has dual residency with Cali and Nevada. She bought the pistol here in NV and was wondering what it would take to be able to register it as well in Cali. Does anyone here know what that would entail? It came stock with 10 rd mags only. Therefore it does not constitute the hi-cap restriction of CA.

~A
 

·
1952 - 2006
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
It's been 11 years since I last lived in the PRK but back then you didn't need to register a handgun beyond the standard 4473 form you fill out when you purchase.

The laws have probably changed by now, (part of the reason I left).

Wish I could help you more, but that's all I know anymore and I really don't care if the whole state falls into the Pacific Ocean. I'm glad to be living in the good ol' USA now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
acparmed said:
Wish I could help you more, but that's all I know anymore and I really don't care if the whole state falls into the Pacific Ocean. I'm glad to be living in the good ol' USA now.
Wouldn't THAT be cool. Arizona and Nevada would both have oceanfront property, beaches, cooler weather....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,352 Posts
First question is would it be on the DOJ approved list ... if not could be a problems ... I had a link at one time of the list i found for a buddie so if ya serach im sure ya can find and will probley answer the questions for ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
Bumper said:
Wouldn't THAT be cool. Arizona and Nevada would both have oceanfront property, beaches, cooler weather....
So the truth comes out-these two old guys in NV acparmed and AZ Bumper would see their friends drop into the ocean so they could own beachfront property. I gotta tell you members cinch your gunbelt up tight and watch out for these guys on horses. There was a rumor that Bumper was not accepted by the 7th cav because he kept jabbing the horse with his sabor when mounting, only a rumor mind you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Bud White said:
First question is would it be on the DOJ approved list ... if not could be a problems ... I had a link at one time of the list i found for a buddie so if ya serach im sure ya can find and will probley answer the questions for ya
Looks like they've implemented a search on their site for make/model now:

http://justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf

Links off of that site should also help answer the questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys thank you so much for this help.

~A
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
FortyFive said:
So the truth comes out-these two old guys in NV acparmed and AZ Bumper would see their friends drop into the ocean so they could own beachfront property.
Nahh, you can come over here, we'll adopt ya as an Arizonan. We don't offer that to just any Californian, ya know. Maybe a better option would be for Arizona and Nevada to invade California (we have lots of guns) and force them to do away with all of their gun laws. :vikings03
 

·
1952 - 2006
Joined
·
1,371 Posts
Bumper said:
Nahh, you can come over here, we'll adopt ya as an Arizonan. We don't offer that to just any Californian, ya know. Maybe a better option would be for Arizona and Nevada to invade California (we have lots of guns) and force them to do away with all of their gun laws. :vikings03
I like it Bumper, I like it!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
AirForceShooter said:
why would you want California???
Can we give it to Mexico??
I think California would would be an awesome place if it weren't for a large part of the population. It's a people problem not a real estate problem (earthquakes notwithstanding). :smile:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top