Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in athletic gear most of the time and bicycle daily and am considering other options vice my back pack and am considering the pistol wear wrap over a fanny pack, i carry a beretta 9mm with a spare mag, any inputs suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Sounds like you need a Galco (or similar)belly band or a Smart Carry.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That doesn't look like a bad product for athletic wear!
If you get one, let US know how it works!

PS..I use a maxpedition bag whe I don't have a belt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks

like it would serve my purpose, im concerned about 2 aspects, 1 is movement and 2 i sweat a ton in this Florida heat. appreciate the replies.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
like it would serve my purpose, im concerned about 2 aspects, 1 is movement and 2 i sweat a ton in this Florida heat. appreciate the replies.
I think if the pouches are high quality, neither would be an issue. However, one never knows until it is purchased and worn. I wish I could help you out, but the only thing I can think of is a smartcarry or some sort of CCW undershirt.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There are a number of flatter fanny packs aimed at the athletic/outdoor crowd. Mountainsmith makes one or used to. If you are in your athletic gear and carry a slim fanny pack it would only seem natural it's where you keep your pocket stuff. IMHO the only time fanny packs look suspicious is when you already have plenty of pockets. :yup:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Someone posted about these in the last week or two. It looks really interesting, I think the other poster was looking for something for running... If you get one be sure to do a review...

Here's the link to the other post...

Waist Packs

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
I like the looks of this product and I think it would work for a number of activities, or just plain wear. Looks like an OWB smart carry...:yup::hand10:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I think this holster has possibilities especially for deep cover. Inexpensive enough to be worth a try! I may have to add one to the "Box-O-Holsters". :smile:

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
look around the net and you will find many belly bands. as this one goes it does not look bad. if it does not work you can put it with your collection of holsters that look good, but did not work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am in athletic gear most of the time and bicycle daily and am considering other options vice my back pack and am considering the pistol wear wrap over a fanny pack, i carry a beretta 9mm with a spare mag, any inputs suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for posting that link. I think I just found the answer to what to wear when I'm working out!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I just bought a belly band for my .380 and I wish I had seen this first. I can only wear the belly band over a tshirt because it's so scratchy. And not too secure for the firearm, it seems like it's going to fall out. This looks designed better to go on skin and just better all around.

And less floppy looking than the Smartcarry. Esp for moving around kind of activities.

Thank you for posting the link. Maybe I need a new 40 cal pistol to go with one of these.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Looks interesting, and one of the better prices for something of this kind (never could figure out why the price point on these seems to be $50+).

My main concerns to learn more about:
- How hot would it get, especially when exercising? Even just walking around, my Smartcarry gets pretty warm for me.
-How are the draw possibilities? Their little video demonstration makes draw look fairly painful, and don't show whether it's possible to get a good grip while drawing...the examples just seem to show a pinch grip grabbing somewhere on the slide.

Keep us posted if you get one to try out...I really like the looks of this one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I

will let you all know how this works out, it was suggested to me today at the gun range to purchase a thin pocket holster and see if it holds in place if the pistol moves around, if not i might need to add a few strips of velcro to keep it positioned.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Looks good - I'd like feedback from someone who actually uses one - post if you get it and how you like it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pistol wear

An update for those interested, i have been wearing the Pistol Wear PT2 wrap for 2 days now.
My first bit of advice, keep it snug, i added a safety pin for peace of mind for security, i have little faith in velcro for security.

Positives:
It is very comfortable, wore it on a 2 hour bicycle ride this morning, had to make a couple of adjustments to get it where it was comfortable to the point that my leg/hip movement wouldn't cause it to move around, far left on my hip was the ideal position for cycling.
I have literally had it on all day today and when you are up moving around you can forget you have it on until you sit.

There is velcro already mounted on the inside of the compartment, i added a strip of velcro to a pocket holster and it stays put.

It is easily covered up with a shirt, jacket and is easy to adjust on the move, doesn't grab the skin which allows you to pull it left or right.

Negatives:
The video on their website shows the guys wearing it literally on their lower abdomen, if you have anything of a beer gut forget it, it will have to go lower towards your pelvis or positioned off the side, i found it was more comfortable at about the 11 oclock position.

The PT2 states it can accomodate compact autos and some full size, my cougar 9mm with a 3.6 barrel is very very snug and i have to use my weak side hand to assist in getting the gun out, i would be challenged to get it out in a hurry so im using the bersa thunder cc instead. I am more than likely going to send this one back in exchange for the PT1 for the extra room.
I found jogging a bit uncomfortable, if you have an smooth easy gate your fine, keep it tight, ive never been able to run with the gate of a gazelle so i repositioned it to be on my backside about the 8 oclock position, seemed to bounce considerably less then.

Overall i am very happy with it and have found it easy to wear with my regular pants as well, for me it is functional and will be my primary method of CC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pistol wear holster

I received my PT2 holster a few days ago and have used it all day for 2 days now. I carry a Ruger LC9 or S&W 637 or Colt mustang 380 so the PT2 is the best size holster of the these 3 guns. The pros for myself are as follows:1) very light and soft materials can be worn against bare skin all day without discomfort. 2) My guns fit this model all the way inside the pouch of the holster. It also has a strap on the top portion with a magnetic catch to secure the gun even more for activities such as jogging. 3) the price was around $40 unlike the custom leather holsters I have that cost twice as much. 4) once you adjust the belly strap the holster can be put on and taken off very quickly by using the 3 heavy duty snaps. 5) the gun fells very secure at all times and I don't even notice I have it on after a while.
The cons for me are: 1) since I am not as slim as the models in the ads I can't carry the holster very high on my stomach or it prints to much even with a loose t shirt. I wear mine with the top of the holster just below my belly button and wear a loose dark colored patterned button down shirt and it works fine for me. 2) It is made of soft flexible materials so it will probably not last as long as a cow hide but then again at $40 I'll just replace it when needed. 2) because I have to wear a button down shirt it takes a little longer to lift up the shirt with my left hand and unlatch the magnetic strip and draw the gun with my right hand. The gun however does come out of the holster very smoothly. I found that by using my thumb on the inside part of the pouch as I lift the gun out it works very well. I think with more practice it will speed up the whole operation.
I like most have a draw full of holsters trying to find the perfect one. I also have a 5:11 that I really like a lot. I have a custom leather IWB with a metal clip and I just ordered a custom leather pocket holster for my S&W revolver. I can see times when one or the other would be a better option depending on what I am doing or how I am dressing that day. I am thinking about buying the trump card for another option. If anyone has one I would like to hear about it...........Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
I have used a PT2 for the last 2 months. I use it both during physical activity and for deep concealment at times. I find it to be very comfortable; I actually have it on right now with a pair of sweatpants. The moisture shield has held up well so far, although it has been the cooler months. Additionally, the material seems to breath well, which for me is a huge plus. I really like the fact that once you have it adjusted you can use snaps instead of velcro for putting it on and taking it off; it is a much better solution IMHO. Incidentally, I carry a Kahr PM9 in this holster.

My only cautions are 1) I am not sure how good it would be with a larger, heavier weapon; and 2) the sizing can be a little difficult if you are not shaped like a block. I got the smaller size which fits great around my waist, but I needed to order the extension for the few times I wear it under my left arm more like a shoulder holster. The extension works, but it adds 2 more sets of snaps that can push into the skin or rub when there are so many.

Overall, if you are looking for something to use during physical activity this is the best solution I have personally found so far.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts