Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes a new handgun is nice..but useless without ammo...As I have been searching the internet for US and or foreign dealers for ammo I am finding that the few that have "in stock" inventories are asking outrageous prices for the precious few boxes that are still available. (if they are telling the truth about "in stock")...some just want your money and then you get a email that they are on backorder.

Please don't feed this greed play...$2.00 a shell for 9mm should come under the heading Statutory Rape.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I made a recent online purchase of 9mm for $22 box of 50 Winchester JHP (44 cents each). Bought four boxes. Another online order of four boxes of 50 Aguila FMJ for about the same price. No need to pay anything close to $2 each. Not back to what is was last fall, but not too far off from some online sources.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Just go to walmart around 7 to 8 am you can buy up to 3 boxes of ammo just bought 3 boxes 9 mm federal 13.99 a box

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I won't pay 2.00 for a bullet. I did buy my sister a box of 380' fmjs for 15.00 which i thought was high.Can't afford to pay that often..How other's choose to spend their money is none of my business

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Individuals will only pay what they're willing to pay, in a free exchange. It's the beauty of the market. It's nicely self-correcting, in that way.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
There are still relatively decent prices out there. You just have to work harder to find them. Order in as large a quantity as you can reasonably afford. The whole idea of buying only what you need to shoot today or this weekend is out the door. What we learned last time is the need to plan ahead.

It is what it is. If you don't like it, stop shooting or start reloading. Either of those options will help draw down the prices.

It's a lousy time for shooters right now but it will get better eventually. I keep telling myself that I need to do more dry-fire anyway.

·
Banned
97 Posts
I made a recent online purchase of 9mm for $22 box of 50 Winchester JHP (44 cents each). Bought four boxes. Another online order of four boxes of 50 Aguila FMJ for about the same price. No need to pay anything close to $2 each. Not back to what is was last fall, but not too far off from some online sources.
Does that include the price of shipping distributed among your four boxes? I see a lot of people talking about buying ammo online to save money but I can't imagine you'd be saving that much with hazmat and freight added in. Just curious

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Just go to walmart around 7 to 8 am you can buy up to 3 boxes of ammo just bought 3 boxes 9 mm federal 13.99 a box
Glad this can happen at some walmarts. Doesn't at mine. They put what they have out randomly. Have been to my walmart more in the last three months than in all my 57 years prior combined, looking for the elusive cheap 9mm. I assume someone got the prize at some point in the day, but no matter, early morning or late at night, when I get there the shelves are equally empty every day.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Does that include the price of shipping distributed among your four boxes? I see a lot of people talking about buying ammo online to save money but I can't imagine you'd be saving that much with hazmat and freight added in. Just curious
Shipping added $3 per box ($12 total). Made it $25 box of 50. There is a price that I won't pay. I have no real local option as no local outlet to me has 9mm. Dicks is the only sporting store within 30 miles of me and have not seen 9mm in Dicks since before Christmas. I visit my local WalMart very early, very late, mid day....no matter the ammo shelves rae always empty of 9mm when I come in. I can live with the occasional buy for $25 box. I know some day things will return to how they were last fall. They always do.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't buy 9mm unless I can get it for less than $0.50 / round. None of the online places I have done business with have played any sort of back-order game with me. This includes Cabela's, 9mmAmmo.com, Ammo Supply Warehouse and Able Ammo. While I understand that people want the prices that existed last fall, I have to say that it is an unrealistic expectation. Demand (rational or otherwise) dictates a higher price presently.

As far as not feeding the greed, I would recommend not buying ammo from private parties who bought out all of a local retailer's inventory just to mark it up for their own capitalist profiteering.

Don't worry, ammo is slowly becoming more readily available and as it does, prices will go back down. It will take time due to folks capitalizing on the demand, the stockpilers who don't feel they have enough and those that have been chomping at the bit waiting for the aforementioned to stop buying it all.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I stopped in Wally World about 30 mins ago to pick up some Ole Roy and out of habit checked the ammo counter and WALLA! Abundance od .40 and .45 caliber. Picked up my three box limit of Federal, 230 gr FMJ for $20.32 per box of 50. Some days you just get lucky.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I stopped in Wally World about 30 mins ago to pick up some Ole Roy and out of habit checked the ammo counter and WALLA! Abundance od .40 and .45 caliber. Picked up my three box limit of Federal, 230 gr FMJ for $20.32 per box of 50. Some days you just get lucky.
Just got back from my LGS where I purchased the 26 last week to talk about the ammo problem to see what the manufactures were telling them.....Steve told me to call him tomorrow his weekly shipment should be arriving and he would put back a few boxes for me............Woot....Woot...Love my LGS

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
Dont feed the greed? Are you serious?

:rofl:

Its some what funny and a bit pathetic to hear people beg and plead about circumstances beyond their control. The other day I listened to a guy whine and moan and groan about lack of certain ammo. Then he admitted to voting for those that are responsible for it and then he admitted that he was caught unprepared because he never thought that this would happen and he insisted on blaming everyone else for the problem.

The world continues to get stupider by the day and the main contributors of it don't even realize it.

When the smoke clears there will only be two kinds of players in this game...those that have ammo and those that don't.

Any bets on who's going to win?

·
Registered
436 Posts
3 weeks ago I payed 30 bucks for 100 rounds of 9mm at my lgs. I have not been seeing 2 bucks/rd for 9mm in forever.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts