What polls would you like to see most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the massive trend towards "The Black Rifle" and other semi automatic rifles. I think we need our own section, though I love shotguns they are a completely different section of self defense and frankly lumping them together does not make sense. Please chime in if you guys would like to see the same thing!

BTW I love shottys and I honestly think that for typical (short range)home defense they are hands down the best choice. My 2 cents.....

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think it might not hurt to have seperate Defensive Rifle and Defensive Shotgun sections, but breaking it down into particular rifle platforms may be a bit cumbersome for moderators, etc.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I'm pretty sure there already is one, you just have to share with shotguns too. Given the volume of traffic in that sub-forum, I really don't see it being a huge asset to the forum in general.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Since this is a concealed carry forum, to me it really doesnt warrant it's own forum since a rifle is not typically considered a concealable fiream. Personally, I like having the rifles and shotguns together. Have you looked at ar15.com? Great AR forum resource.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Given the volume of traffic in that sub-forum, I really don't see it being a huge asset to the forum in general.
Since this is a concealed carry forum, to me it really doesnt warrant it's own forum since a rifle is not typically considered a concealable fiream. Personally, I like having the rifles and shotguns together.
We are very resistant to adding too many individual forums, especially when they are off of our primary topics. It makes it much more difficult to moderate and adds confusion to where, exactly, members should post certain threads. While we do, occasionally, add new forums, SIXTO and Rcher have pretty much expressed my opinion on a separate forum in this case.

Have you looked at ar15.com? Great AR forum resource.
I highly recommend ar15.com to anyone interested in more information on AR rifles.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since this is a concealed carry forum, to me it really doesnt warrant it's own forum since a rifle is not typically considered a concealable fiream. Personally, I like having the rifles and shotguns together. Have you looked at ar15.com? Great AR forum resource.
It's a defensive carry forum......

Yes I have looked at ARCOM, but would love to consolidate my forums if possible. There are some pretty knowledgeable people on this forum as well.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Couldn't vote in your poll as you didn't include a "None of the above" choice. We don't need a separate black rifle forum. Then what, a separate 22 rifle forum, a separate cowboy guns forum, a separate Glock forum, Sig forum, Ruger forum and so on and so on and, well, you get the idea. I think this forum is great just the way it is. I'll bet I'm like most members in that when I read the forum, I click on "Quick Links" and then on "Today's Posts". If I'm looking for something specific, then I use search. Works for me.:smile:

Hoss

·
Super Moderator
22,027 Posts
Couldn't vote in your poll as you didn't include a "None of the above" choice. We don't need a separate black rifle forum. Then what, a separate 22 rifle forum, a separate cowboy guns forum, a separate Glock forum, Sig forum, Ruger forum and so on and so on and, well, you get the idea. I think this forum is great just the way it is. I'll bet I'm like most members in that when I read the forum, I click on "Quick Links" and then on "Today's Posts". If I'm looking for something specific, then I use search. Works for me.:smile:

Hoss
Exactly.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
If we get one of these, I'd like a Glock "section" as well.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I choose AR simply because thats what I have.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I want a SureFire section...lots of nice defensive light out there...:image035:

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Sense I don't own any guns, only sling-shots, I would like one for that also.:wink:

Thanks in advance.

Z

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
The poll asks "What polls would you like to see most?" Nothing about a new section. :smile:

Like ar15.com for AR's, there is a forum out there somewhere for every manufacturer. I like the general sections DC has now.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I like the forum as it is. If I want a more specific forum, I'll visit another one. If I want a more specific thread, I'll start one. I am pleased with the organization of the different subforums here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.