Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What are your recommendations for a concealable 45 that is not a 1911 style pistol?

Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
HOLY CRAP! they make a .45 that isn't a 1911? lol

Sig 220 compact

dare I say it...... G.....G....Gl.....Glo.....k....Glock,

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
This is the one...:danceban::danceban:...the Glock-36, my EDC, and a dependable, very concealable .45.:yup::yup:
Add some Trijicon night sights and you're good to go.:danceban::danceban:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
A Derringer. Only have one, maybe two shots, but with a .45, who needs more.

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
The Glock 36:

Six rounds of .45 AUTO;
GLOCK SLIMLINE™;
A single-stack magazine;
measures only 28.5mm/1.13 in. in width.

Of course, you need to try one out at a rental location or borrow one from a friend, to see if it works for you.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I'll second the Sig P220 carry, I CC a P220R everyday, but since you want smaller, go for the carry model.

NOTHING BEATS A SIGSAUER!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Besides Glock, The next smallest is probably the Kahr CW45/PM45 series...

·
Registered
568 Posts
You owe it to yourself to check out the Kahr PM45 (and the other Kahr 45's).

I have carried a number of the .45s out there and it is by far the most concealable I have found. It is extremely slim, smooth, light, high quality and uber reliable.

That being said am a bit partial to a number of high quality handguns that I carried in .45. The G36, M&P 45c, Kahr PM45 and my personal favorite handgun of all time...the 1911. But I carry the little Kahr 45 the most due to comfort.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
Whichever way you lean, please try out your selections at a range that rents the guns you're interested in. That, or pester friends and family to let you try theirs.

Otherwise, you'll just be basing your selections on everyone else's choices, which might be quite different than yours.

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Another vote for the Glock 36.

Another one would be the S&W4516....if you can find one.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
What's a compact? 10 rounds, 8, 6?
Are you considering auto's or are you open to packing a revolver?

Glock 39
Glock 36
Glock 30
EAA witness compact
H&K USP Compact USP 45
Kahr PM45 -5 or 6 +1 rounds
S&W 325 nightguard or PD revolver
S&W M&P automatic 45
Sig 220 compact
Springfield XD compact 45
Taurus compact 45's (what-its-name?)

I'm not sure I have seen a Beretta compact 45 or one of the CZ97's in a compact size.

Did I miss anything significant? :comeandgetsome:

Why no 1911's?
How Concealable?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Whichever way you lean, please try out your selections at a range that rents the guns you're interested in. That, or pester friends and family to let you try theirs.

Otherwise, you'll just be basing your selections on everyone else's choices, which might be quite different than yours.
Good advice, and another vote for trying the Kahr's. You won't find a smaller 45 than the PM45, it's noticably thinner than the Glock G36. I have a P45, and it conceals very well in a good holster. I tried a PM45, some people love them, but with my large hands it just was not comfortable to me. The P45 is big enough that I can get all 3 fingers on the grip. But again, try as many as you can, and get what feels best to you.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I'm another fan of the Kahr PM45. It's a very slick little 45. It's what I usually carry when I'm off duty. It's smaller then the Glocks and the micro 1911's.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts