Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Doesn't do much good if I can't get the mag in quick enough. I carry 2 spares and my philosophy is cutting down time rather than one extra round.

Are you saying, when you insert the mag, at slide lock, the fully loaded +2 mag won't seat, unless only +1?
...or are you talking about conducting a tactical reload, with the pistol in battery?
Does racking the slide, from slide lock, not generate enough energy to feed and chamber the round, with a fully loaded +2 mag?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
We teach in LE training that you want the most rounds in your gun you can get if you're going into a gun fight. If your gun won't cooperate, you got the wrong gun.
But LE "goes into a gun fight".
I am defending myself. LE is overwhelming with aggressiveness.
(In no way am I criticizing how others choose to carry)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2 Posts

True, LE goe into a gunfight. Sometimes with non-LEs the gunfight comes to you.

Might as well give yourself as many advantages as you can get. +1 if you can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,847 Posts

Whether police or not, the gun is there to stop the threat. Police may be more likely to encounter a threat, but if you’re using a gun to defend yourself, your life depends on it.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Are you saying, when you insert the mag, at slide lock, the fully loaded +2 mag won't seat, unless only +1?
...or are you talking about conducting a tactical reload, with the pistol in battery?
Does racking the slide, from slide lock, not generate enough energy to feed and chamber the round, with a fully loaded +2 mag?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
On tactical reloads the mag requires significant effort to seat it in the mag well. Going +1 isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sometimes I +1...

Sometimes I don't.

Why?

Because I ALWAYS +12!!!

:hand15:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Currently I don't chamber an extra round. A large part of the reason I do this is to cut down on administrative handling. Also should I have to store my pistol, I don't want to have to worry about a stray round floating around. I have never felt the need to do so if a pistol can carry 8 or more rounds in the magazine.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Depends on the gun. I had a Sig 2022 that was a single shot if you loaded it +1 as that first round never cleared the chamber. The reason is that particular gun was sensitive to top round pressure which affects slide speed and a fully loaded magazine slowed slide speed to the point of stove piping that first shot every time. Part of the reason I hate "Magguts" is because I had the same top round pressure issues in the guns I tried those in. Not every time but, enough to totally defeat the reason to have an extra round at the cost of reliable function. My Pico and P30sk both have zero issues with +1...so far, but is it really worth the risk? You decide.I would extensively test a gun before recommending +1 to everybody.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Currently I don't chamber an extra round. A large part of the reason I do this is to cut down on administrative handling. Also should I have to store my pistol, I don't want to have to worry about a stray round floating around. I have never felt the need to do so if a pistol can carry 8 or more rounds in the magazine.
Especially true when you carry different loads like a urban mag and a woods mag like I have that extra round is a PITA. I have carried JHP with a spare mag of heavy hardcast for work duty in the woods and swap mags twice a day.

61 - 80 of 144 Posts