Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many good holsters out there for pocket carry. Many look the same with quality leather or kydex and wings for pocket security. Do yourself a favor and prompt computer for "thumb push" holsters and check out dynamics of same. As you draw, your thumb pushes against the holster body giving a quick draw and a stability to the holster in your pocket. It works. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
First thing you will loose in a SD situation is loss of fine motor skills. I prefer the Nemisis or Mika holsters that simply stay in the pocket with no "push " required. That is why I don't recommend a formed leather holster for pocket carry. YMMV

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm in the keep it simple and have it stay in your pocket camp. The less I have to do, the quicker I will be. The less I have to remember, the safer I will be.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I use Mika Pocket Holsters... no need to push at all. :wink:

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
I like my nemisis pocket hol. for my P11

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man: brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thanks for the info, but Mika for me.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I bought a FIST K5 coated w/ultrasuede that also has a thumb push. I like the thumb push and the ultrasuede helps the holster stick in my pocket better than bare kydex.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It certainly depends on the kind of pocket you are carrying in. I am retired, live in SC and tend to always wear leisure-type workout pants that are loose with larger pockets; certainly not tight-fitting jeans. Nemesis, Mikes, Mika have their sticky surfaces but still just slide around--they do not come out of pocket but give the sense that they are coming out as you draw. The thumb push is nothing but a natural spot for your thumb that does wonders for holding the holster down into the pocket--it is not something that is unusual or an unneccesary movement toward removal of your firearm. Obviously the choice of a holster is a personal thing and another suggestion is that when you do decide on a holster, and if it is purchased via a picture and/or a comment by a poster, be sure they have a return policy--you and you alone must feel the confidence of the holster in practice and not just from a picture or a comment---I just find the movement of the holster as I draw to be unacceptable and the thumb push eliminates that feeling--at least to me. Lets hope for each of us, regardless of the holster, that this discussion is purely academic and never has to be proven for real.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts