Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question comes up regularly. How do you carry in Dress pants. Well that rare occasion has arrived. Had to wear a suit for two days. 442 and cheap uncle Mike's pocket holster in one front pocket, speed strip and small pepper spray in the other. With jacket on and off I was with at least a total of 300 people. One person asked if I was going to carry the second day. I replied that I carry every day. She just looked me up and down not believing that I was carrying. Knowone had a clue. Now I know for sure. No matter what pants I wear, I can carry a 442 in my pocket comfortably all day. There was a lot of family involved so there was a lot of hugging. Normally I would also have one in my waist band but too many would end up feeling it so only went with one.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Nice to still be armed no matter the clothes. That is why I got the LCP, 13 oz loaded w/ 8 rounds. I tried pocket carry with the stainless snub and just dragged too much on the pocket as expected and I was more checking fit than weight. Still have yet to try an airweight. I have more faith in revolvers but, the LCP has been flawless and is growing on me.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
LCP Custom in a Blackhawk #1, right front pocket. My 6 round mag goes loose in left front pocket or in a mag holder with belt clip depending on whether I have my shirttail out. My normal dress is jeans or cargo pants and an untucked shirt.

·
Registered
596 Posts
That is what I do. I can carry a 638 in my right front pocket while at work, and no one is the wiser. I have a MP bodyguard 380 that I also can use in that role, but I do love revolvers........I am with you!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Next time, try two. One in each front pocket. That's what I have been doing for a long time now, in formal attire. I use dual LCPs, as my large thighs make my LCR print too much while seated for my liking. A spare mag goes easily in my rear pocket, next to my credentials wallet.

The biggest drawback to pocket carry is the is the lack of ambidextrous access. Dual pocket carry solves this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wore dress trousers yesterday. My wife looked me and asked if I wanted her to carry, in her purse, "some of all that stuff" I had in my pockets. No, thanks. So people see it, but even someone who knows I don't go anywhere without a gun sees it as a gun.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
LCP/Desantis in my inside coat pocket.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Lately my back is giving me some weird leg numbness from carrying IWB @ 4-5 o clock so I started to use my pockets more.
G43 with DeSantis and even though it's not the smallest package I like it a lot.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Pocket carry every day in jeans and golf shirt. Sig 238 or 938 in desantis pocket holster. Extra mag in hip pocket.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've pocket carried many times but I pocket carried at work for the first time yesterday. It felt like the first time I carried concealed or the first time I open carried. Kind of weird. No one even came close to noticing. I think I will be fine either pocket carrying or ankle carrying at work from now on. I think it's important to carry all the time and I haven't carried at work since my M16 in the Army! LMAO!!

Reactions: BuckeyeMike

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I pocket carry all day every day. It is the easiest way for me to have a gun on me at all times. It's either a glock 43 in a Nelson pocket rig or my new 642 in a DeSantis. I have a Nelson on order for the snubby also. I have never had anybody ask me what the bulge was in my pocket. If the would I already have a response ready to go lol. I wont share that here since this is a family friendly forum.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Belly band (I prefer Galco) for carry under dress clothes works much better than pocket carry in dress pants, IMHO. G43 just vanishes.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Belly band (I prefer Galco) for carry under dress clothes works much better than pocket carry in dress pants, IMHO. G43 just vanishes.
I have used a belly band. It gets to warm for me at times. The draw is not as fast as having my hand on it in the pocket. It is nice to have both options. Since I was in a relatively safe area I didn't feel the need for Two guns. If I had been in a different area I would have used the belly band and pocket.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Go Haywood!

642 Airweight in a Desantis Nemisis. Perfect for 'dress' opportunities.

Reactions: Haywood

·
Registered
33 Posts
For dress-casual, I carry a LCP with either a Kangaroo Carry or a Telor Tactical angle Holster.

Speaking of holsters, check these out, really nice stuff! Home

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ordered one for my J frames earlier this month after seeing your post in the "skinny jeans" thread. They said about 3 weeks turnaround time, so I'm hoping to get a shipping notice soon.
You will like this holster it completely conforms to your pocket. It takes away that big bump you get from the fold in the other pocket type holsters especially with a wheel gun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts