Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my brother-in-law.
What are some to consider? He will have it in his pocket at work Without holster - VERY sweaty due to non/AC factory.

Links to what you suggest are appreciated.

I was thinking about the KelTec .32 but not sure how it'd hold up in heavy sweating. SS might be the way to go.

My pocket gun is a Taurus Titanium .38 snubby but he thinks this is a little too big for his paticular pants pockets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First, USE A POCKET HOLSTER!!! Not only will it help with the sweat problem, but also keep obstructions from entering the trigger guard.

I would recommend one of the S&W airweights for reliability or a p32 if proper maintanence is done.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Pocket pistol

thepepsiguy said:
First, USE A POCKET HOLSTER!!! Not only will it help with the sweat problem, but also keep obstructions from entering the trigger guard.

I would recommend one of the S&W airweights for reliability or a p32 if proper maintanence is done.
Agreed, but I would also consider the SCANDIUM frame 'Smith snubbies. Lotsa kick, but worth it for the weight...

·
Banned
303 Posts
Absolutely

thepepsiguy said:

Never carry a gun in your pocket without a hoster of some kind. You would hate to bend over and shoot yourself in the thigh. OUCHH!!!!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
HollowpointHank said:
Never carry a gun in your pocket without a hoster of some kind. You would hate to bend over and shoot yourself in the thigh. OUCHH!!!!
YEEE OUCH!
I know of a LEO that carried a Hi Standard 22Mag Derringer in his back pocket. He carried it that way, without a pocket holster, until he put the weapon in his pocket and the trigger (which has no trigger guard) caught on his pocket, thus KA BOOM! and he's no sporting a long flesh wound down his right cheek and calf.. :frown: Food for thought, so don't forget the holster :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He said he might like a .38 caliber Derringer. Is there on in stainless steel?

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
ArmyCop said:
He said he might like a .38 caliber Derringer. Is there on in stainless steel?
Army
There are plenty of derringers out there.. maybe one in 45 Colt might be a better chouce, as most are in 45 LC or 410 Ga 2 1/2 shotshell :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CLASS3NH said:
Army
There are plenty of derringers out there.. maybe one in 45 Colt might be a better chouce, as most are in 45 LC or 410 Ga 2 1/2 shotshell :biggrin:
Got any links to some stainless steel derringers he might can get his dealer to order?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
If I absolutely had to pocket carry - sans holster of any sort - I'd use the R9 - accepting that while stainless and aluminum - it'd have to have a good strip and clean end of each day.

With it's long DA 7# pull - it would not IMO represent any great safety risk if pocket - unholstered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts