Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have carried my Ruger LC9 in a "Sticky" pocket holster for a year or so and it is wearing out. Since I have lost 20 pounds, I like sticking it inside my waistband and it feels comfortable and never creeps up on me. Just wondering if there is anything new out there before I order something.

Reactions: forester58

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Aholster Company - Kydex Concealment Holsters, Aholster Pocket Holster, Best Kydex Holster

My favorite pocket holster by far. Only downside is not ambidextrous if you need that. I just bought one for each side I like it that much. Thinner than the cloth type (Sticky, Remora,Nemisis). Easier to draw as well. If you want the option of pocket and IWB from the same holster look at the Remora with the snap on clip, seems like a great holster for the "floating gun" system where you can move it where it needs to be in a given situation.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never been a fan of kydex. But I do want the option of pocket or IWB carry. The Sticky works good for that. I dont see the Remora with a snap on clip. Ok I found it. I thought you meant a snap over the top of the holster. The Remora is pretty rough I dont think I would need that belt clip.

Reactions: forester58

·
Registered
10,762 Posts
I have used a Galco leather holster, a Sticky holster, and an Alabama kydex holster for pocket carry. Of the three I like the Alabama holster the best as you can release the pistol from the holster before you pull the pistol from your pocket.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Sounds like your looking for a IWB holster . Check out two single hook hybrids .

Vedder holsters

Foxx holsters

They both wear comfortably and offer cant in both directions . Vedder offers several points of vertical adjustment too .

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking for an IWB holster. But I do not like kydex. Would rather have something soft against me.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I have never been a fan of kydex. But I do want the option of pocket or IWB carry. The Sticky works good for that. I dont see the Remora with a snap on clip. Ok I found it. I thought you meant a snap over the top of the holster. The Remora is pretty rough I dont think I would need that belt clip.
I find with more activity I can push a Sticky or Remora up out of my waistband so the snap on clip seemed like a good solution although I have not tried one as yet. I do prefer my leather IWB single clip for my 38 special revolver as it conforms a little more than Kydex.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I picked up a little Colt Mustang 380 yesterday and the person at the store recommended a $14 Blackhawk sticky type holster. It's for a pocket or IWB. Messed around with it last night and it seems to check all the boxes. For that price for a convenience or back up gun carry it seems to be a good solution. In my opinion, a little holster like this which is essentially a folded over piece of material should cost no more.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try a Mika holster. He is retired LEO, and is quick and reliable.
I have one...keep it in my car for emergencies!!! Very nice holster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts