Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone suggest a good pocket holster for a Ruger LCR?

Prefer it not to be leather.

I know off are the Desantis Superfly and Nemesis, but never used one...got no clue what to buy.

I mainly wear jeans (that fit/not loose) and sometimes cargos.

Suggestions from experience?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Not leather, functional and a good value--the Mika Pocket Holster.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I like Stellar Rigs for pocket carry of Seecamp 32. The model C pocket holster allows you to carry and extra mag and it squares off the holster when printing. You can adjust the tension screw however you like and adjust it for your style of draw.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
No leather..... thats going to reduce your options greatly.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts

I know off are the Desantis Superfly and Nemesis, but never used one...got no clue what to buy.

Mika

·
Registered
124 Posts

Here you go. This guys stuff is good. If your not wanting leather this is the way I would go. I had 1 of his holsters for a 642 & it was perfect.
Welcome to Aholster

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,779 Posts

Start with a Nemesis - minimal investment, and more than adequate. That'll get you going untill you can assess all the other rigs available.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I also will recommend the Mika holster. He is a great guy, LAPD officer, and makes a great holster. For jeans get the round cut, for dress pants get square cut. It makes a big difference how low they sit. I have one of each, for $20 why not!!! I also use the Nemisis for my pocket semi's, but for the J frame I prefer the Mika.

NCH

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Start with a Nemesis - minimal investment, and more than adequate. That'll get you going untill you can assess all the other rigs available.
+1 This is good advice. I have a Nemesis for all of my pocket carry guns. Cheap and they work well. :hand10:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is actually what I'm doing. I ordered a Nemesis and a Superfly, both are cheap, in-stock and will have next week and will get me going.

I would like to try the Mika with the round cut. Turn around is 16-20 weeks...long wait!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I prefer belt carry for my LCR

But would opt for the High Noon pocket grabber if I needed a pocket holster.

Here is my Review of two LCR holsters from High Noon

------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Noon Holster Review- RUGER LCR

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i use a uncle mikes small auto size zero for the p3at. around $10.00 and just as good as the high dollar ones. does what it is made to do. they have pocket holsters for j-frames that will do the same, work.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hey y'all: New to the site and like what I read. Hey frankmako: I also have an Uncle Mikes pocket holster for about $7 and it does what it is intended to do for my kel-tec P3AT. I tend to run around town (retired) in loose sport-type pants and shorts with large pockets; I can present my pistol rather easily but the small holster in those large pockets tends to slide around a little too much so I improvised. I took a piece of old thin bike tire inner tube a cut a piece that is about a 1/2 inch longer on each side of the bottom of the holster. I sliced the tube lengthwise and placed it over the bottom of the holster and then proceeded to double over the extended edges and wrap them in the sticky tape that is used to wrap hockey stick and baseball bat and tennis racket handles. I made sure that the wrap on the edges left no room for the section on the bottom of the holster to move around or fall off. I then rubbed a little bit of silicone glue/sealer over the wrap. My holster now has "bottom wings" that are somewhat sticky; when I place the holster in my roomy pockets, the holster stays perfectly in place. It may not be pretty but who cares--it works great and all for only $7.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because of the lightness of the LCR (loaded) it is a pleasure to carry using the Smartcarry. Very concealable and easy to draw because of the Hogue grip. Following the draw instructions (with unloaded revolver) it is a smooth draw and easy to control the gun. I would give it a try since the vendor gives you a 60 day grace period to return with refund. Can't lose for trying. Good Luck and stay safe.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hey Diablo: As you can see from posts on your thread, already you've got several choices. Kydex is ultra thin and durable and is probably best for functional pocket carry. If you like showing off then leather'other skins is the way to go. Personally, my gun is for me and no one else and kydex is the way, particularly for in pocket, where space is a premium. Hopefully, before you choose, you can find out if a mfgr has a return policy---some posters may like a particular mfgr (just look at the posts) and his internet pix are great but you do not find it to your liking--if you can return you can live for another day--if not you are stuck. I have found almost all the pocket holsters to be about the same in basic design from the $10 to the expensive (not necessarily quality) but they all, IMO, move around too much in my pocket to the point that am thinking about it when I try to present my firearm. Some holsters are ID'd under "thumb push holsters" on internet and I purchased a kydex thumb push from FIST holsters, which was the only one I found that truly had a dedicated platform for thumb push. When you are ready to present your firearm from its holster in your pocket, you grap the grip and as you do so your thumb "naturally" is at the top of the holster. It can then "push" on the "platform" as you pull on the firearm, thus maintaining absolute stability on the holster without the movement. My choice--just sayin. Way too many choices--good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts