Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of things- yes, I searched on All Things Nano, didn't find a good discussion of what I'm looking for.

Secondly- my experience with the Nano seems to be typical- several FTE when new, sent to Beretta and came back with a new extractor, it's been fine since then.

The Nano is pushing it for front pocket carry, but I wear cargo shorts 10 months of the year here in north Texas, and it'll work. My warm weather EDC for years has been a P3AT, front pocket. In jacket weather it's normally a Kahr CW45 OWB the last couple of years.

Lots of folks here seem to love the DeSantis Nemesis. I don't. That was my first pocket holster when I started pocket carrying the P3AT and it worked sorta-OK-- but the little pistol would often shift about 45 degrees in my pocket (even in Levis) and half the time the holster would come out with the pistol. After 3 years of putting up with that I bought a rough-out leather pocket holster from a maker in the Birmingham, Alabama area (bought it at a local shop there, can't recall his name)- and the difference was night and day. That was... 10 years ago, and that holster has never shifted and has -never- come out with the pistol when drawn at the range or when unloading pockets for the night.

I bought a Nemesis for this Nano anyway, figuring I could at least get a feel for pocket carry (in larger front pockets, not the cargo pocket) with the added size and weight. But... the Nemesis comes out with the pistol nearly every time. Not a fan.

Sure, I can surf holster makers' websites and search forums like anyone else-- and have done a fair bit of that. But I'd like to hear from those who actually pocket-carry the Nano and what you like/don't like about the pocket holsters you have used with it.

Thanks!

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll be a little more specific- those who are serious about pocket carry will understand:

I look for three things in a pocket holster:

1. Comfort. If it's not comfortable you won't carry it much, despite your good intentions.
2. Does it print? With a gun the size of a Nano it'll be obvious you have a big something in your pocket but that's OK. Grip/magazine printing? Not OK.
3. Security. Does it hold the weapon upright so it can be drawn without fumbling, and does that holster stay put?

If you carry a Nemesis and to you that's the best thing in the world, I'd like to hear that also. I'm here for information, not an argument.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
82 Posts
This what I use for my G43. I sometimes attach a metal clip on outside bottom eyelet for IWB carry.

Glock43_Borii.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This what I use for my G43. I sometimes attach a metal clip on outside bottom eyelet for IWB carry.

View attachment 149057
Thanks Palmheel, that's one of the ones I have been considering. Are there no issue with the front sight snagging on the draw from the pocket with the Borii (or however you spell that)? How about printing- lots of open space between the bottom of the holster and butt of the grip with those.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used the BORAII holster on my Nano in my front pocket for about 6 hours and literally wore a hole through the skin of my leg right above my knee (short legs). Still have some of scabs. Seemed better once I sanded down the offending section around the dust cover area - but my leg was too sore to test it much more before I decided against pocket carrying such a (relatively) heavy gun in my pocket without a cushioning (Nemesis) holster, and went back to IWB with my Shield.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes! Yeah, that would NOT work. Sorry that holster did you wrong like that. But that is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.

I have not seen this same design for the Nano, and granted it's a bigger gun and the equivalent might end up the size of a basketball, but this is the one I use with the P3AT. Never have regretted buying it, and it has spent probably thousands of hours in my pocket.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Recluse Pocket holster

IMAG0092.jpg IMAG0091.jpg IMAG0090.jpg

I frequently have to pocket carry due to my profession. My Kahr CM9 with a flush 6 round magazine in a Recluse Holster looks like a wallet in my right front pocket. It does have a trigger block that secures it while its in the pocket. The draw is made by slipping the hand between the gun and the leather, which releases the trigger block and allows you to draw the gun. I have used for two years and find that it is very comfortable during the summer. No one has ever been able to tell it'sa pistol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You are right, the Nano is pushing it for pocket carry. Mine is usually IWB, but I do occasionally carry it in a pocket. When I do, it's in a Remora. Before you ask, yes I'm a lefty.

Remora_Nano_2013.jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
I use a Nemesis sometimes for my Kahr CW380. Don't think it is the best ever as far as pocket carry, but I have practiced with it and it works okay. When I draw from it I usually push the gun (and holster) against my leg as I draw so the holster will have increased friction and not come out with the gun. If I don't do that the holster will often come out with the gun. So in other words I ended up training around the Nemesis limitations as opposed to trying to find a different holster. I did this because I use it in several different type of pants (and shorts) with different sized pockets. So no matter what holster I get, it will not perfectly fit every front pocket I will use it in.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I've tried the Remora, the DeSantis and one off brand I can't recall right now. While I'm not a big fan of pocket carry, like anyone there's times when I'll do it (eg quick trip for milk, etc). But I found the Nano to be a little bit too big/heavy for comfortable pocket carry. DISCLOSURE: I'm almost pathologically averse to having a bunch of crap in my pants pockets, especially the front pockets. So maybe I didn't give it enough time to get used to it.

FWIW I suppose the Remora is probably safe but I never felt comfortable carrying the Nano loaded in a holster that soft and flexible.

As to the gun, my Nano has several thousand rounds through it with nary a hiccup of any kind.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The thing I like about the Romera the most is if you want to move it to IWB all you have to do is pull gun & holster from your pocket and tuck it into your waistband where you like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts