Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need one for my Sig 938. I only have experience with the DeSantis Nemesis. Looking for a slimmer type. Help appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the Crossbreed Pocket Rocket for use with cargo shorts, but then I'm a boomer and I like my cargo shorts.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
You can start here. Not much has changed. I use a DeSantis Superfly without the flap. I tried it with the flap but couldn't tell it made any difference with printing and made for a thicker package. Pocket holster recommendation need?

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
I have a vedder pocket holster form my LCP. I don’t really do much pocket carry but the holster works well.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
First decision is leather or synthetic. Next choice is a hook to snag the pocket, yes or no?

I prefer synthetic for pocket holsters. Less maintenance and long wearing.

My choice is one of a couple depending on need. A basic padded nylon like Uncle Mikes or well, forget who else makes them now. These snugly hold the firearm but may require extra effort to clear on the rare occasion they come out with the firearm. I have used them with the Sig P238, PPK, Sig P232, Ruger LCP, and a few others.

The other holster is the Safariland Pocket 25. An outstanding holster for when speed counts. I use this holster for all my j frame revolvers, a bodyguard 380, and a Glock 42. They last an average of 7 years daily carry before the bottom wears out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use the Pocket Locker for my Kahr CW380, but I don't know how you could get a P365 into a pocket without it weighing your pocket down and out and becoming both annoying because of the weight, but also visible. I guess if I were to try it, I'd use the same holster.
I carry my Sig P365 in my pocket a lot of times. It is actually easy to do, well concealed and comfortable.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I use the Pocket Locker for my Kahr CW380, but I don't know how you could get a P365 into a pocket without it weighing your pocket down and out and becoming both annoying because of the weight, but also visible. I guess if I were to try it, I'd use the same holster.
I wear a gun belt (Nexbelt) when I pocket carry and 5.11 pants. The pistol does not print in that holster, nor does it push the pocket out. It's very doable.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
You mean the thumb lip for releasing the pistol in the pocket, or the curved shape of the holster?

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Yes, I got both the curve and the thumb tab. The curve really helps it fit my thigh and print less.
Smokeman, my experience is the same as Wavygravy. However, I did have to bend the thumb tab out a bit to make it easier to get it to release more readily

Reactions: Wavygravy

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can highly recommend several holsters, Kramer Pocket Holster and Mika’s Pocket Holster. Both have been around for 25+ years are durable, they work and at a good price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts