Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a pocket sleeve/holster for a spare LCP mag. Needs to cover the end completely to keep out lint, but not fit so tight that it’s difficult to draw the mag cleanly from the pocket.

Been using a cut down nylon pouch for a small flashlight for years, but it’s fraying and the humidity here is tarnishing the rounds in my mag, since the end is partially open.

Appreciate the suggestions, thanks!

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I've been carrying two spare mags for my BG 380 in a little cell phone carrier on my belt. With the gun in a pocket holster, no one ever suspects magazines in that pouch. IIRC I got it from Amazon. There are a million different designs and they're not expensive.

Sorry I can't help with pocket carriers.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Does the mag draw cleanly from it?
Edit: I thought I could use my trigger pull gauge to estimate the force required to remove the protector but I could not get a repeatable measurement.

If I hold the base plate of the magazine, I can't shake the protector off. But if I hold the protector, one good shake will dislodge the magazine into my off hand. If that gives you an idea

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Reactions: Old Man and OldVet

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Reactions: 10thmtn

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
I am a low tech keep it simple kind of guy. That being said when I pocket carry my LCP I carry a spare mag in a nylon Leatherman belt pouch. No one has ever noticed that it wasn't a Leatherman until a friend asked to use my Leatherman tool to tighten a screw.:image035: Hidden in plain view and keeps it cleaner than in a pocket!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts