Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police 'a target' for gun thieves

Unintended consequence of limiting civilian gun ownership. Criminals will always find a way. But when the rest of us are disramed, we will be unable to defend ourselves.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Yep.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Three perps carjacked a guy here in Memphis. The police were arresting them when one of them got away, stole the police cruiser, wrecked and burned it and stole the shotgun out of the car.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Interesting, the thief stole a "semi-automatic rifle" from the trunk of an unmarked police car. Wanna bet that if the car was civillian rather than LEO, it would have been an 'assault weapon' that was lifted.
It was some 2 or 3 years ago in Seattle WA thieves managed to abscond with an assault rifle and handgun from the then Chief of Seattle's Police Dept from an unsecured cruiser. Apparently the Police Chief saw no reason to lock his vehicle. I ALWAYS LOCK my truck before walking away from it. Unfortunately apparently the then chief of police didn't have the common sense of a paper clip. One might surmise the "rank and file" officers weren't all a bunch of Elmer Fudd's as their chief is (or was).

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I think we need more laws to stop this kind of crime, what in the world in the California legislator doing...:rolleyes:

Reactions: commonground

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
I think we need more laws to stop this kind of crime, what in the world in the California legislator doing...:rolleyes:
I believe the best the Cal Leg's could do for the right thinking people is for all of them to leave California and Never Come Back. Then the Pro 2A folks could rework the 2A For The People.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I think we will see a rise in crime targeting LEOs in NY, too. Criminals know that most law abiding citizens in NY will comply with the new laws, so they (the criminals) will have to steal guns from LEOs to get "the good stuff."

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Here , it was one of the FBI agents that left a handgun and an AR in his car trunk, in front of his house. Gone ..... stolen. ooooops.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
The ATF in Milwaukee Wisconsin had a machine gun stolen from one of their vehicles...........

It's no surprise that criminals will be stealing weapons from law enforcement since they have a fine collection.....

Reactions: commonground

·
Registered
209 Posts
The ATF in Milwaukee Wisconsin had a machine gun stolen from one of their vehicles...........

It's no surprise that criminals will be stealing weapons from law enforcement since they have a fine collection.....
"Machine Gun"? Isn't that one of those 'Assault Weapon' things they've been talking about in the news recently? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
I believe the best the Cal Leg's could do for the right thinking people is for all of them to leave California and Never Come Back. Then the Pro 2A folks could rework the 2A For The People.
The problem with that is, no other state wants them!!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Unprotected and indefensible targets will always been seen as potential targets of opportunity. Doesn't matter where such folks happen to earn their paycheck, where folks hang out, what errands they run, where they live, ...

In a spot where criminals believe it's worth a shot at taking advantage of an extremely low likelihood of getting caught combined with a solid payoff, we get such crimes. The only real way to erase such things is to either (a) dramatically raise the likelihood of getting caught/stopped (even if it turns out to be permanently) and/or dramatically reduce the likelihood of a payoff. One would think any legislation or change in procedure/tactics/resources would take such things into account, instead of being politically skewed to within an inch of lunacy like altogether too many things are.

·
Registered
907 Posts
NO NO NO! At least not unless they are leaving the country. We sure don't want them in our part of the country.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
"A semi-automatic rifle was taken from an unmarked police vehicle’s trunk in San Francisco just a day after a Richmond cop’s dogs were poisoned and home was robbed of five guns."

I trust that the police made sure that the proper FFL transfer papers and background checks were done to insure the dirtbags were allowed to take the guns? If not, someone needs to call DiFi...:rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts