Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all!
As a respectful permit holder I have decided to apply for all permits that I can obtain. Different states have different requirements but my collection contains the following:
ME (home state), UT, NH, CT, ND, PA
I am currently waiting for my FL, (goofed up the process, forgot to have LE put their address on back of finger print card) and look forward to adding 2 more states to my legal to carry map of the US. As we see a surge in applications I believe this is a strong political statement and a good way for political leaders that we WANT our SECOND AMENDMENT rights intact and maintained! handgunlaw.us has all the links and instructions for applying. uscarry.com has the best map making, as they take into account that some states require you to have a resident permit in order to carry in their state (MI, CO, FL, NH, SC). Keep safe and happy carrying!:comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Do what you will, but personally I think a lot of it is a waste of time and money. If I was trying to make political statements I might see it your way but probably wouldnt' do it.

If I was trying to maximize the places I could carry, I would limit my permits to the few states that have the most reciprocal agreements, and gave me the best bang for the buck. I tend not to want to throw extra dollars at government agencies, regardless of what I get in return.

Carry on though if you think it helps, that is all that should matter to you.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If I was trying to maximize the places I could carry, I would limit my permits to the few states that have the most reciprocal agreements, and gave me the best bang for the buck. I tend not to want to throw extra dollars at government agencies, regardless of what I get in return.
+1 on this.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
My Tx CHL covers pretty much anywhere I travel,including Ne now.Only permit I would get is a non resident that would cover a state not covered by Tx I would be going to

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Kentucky permit and greatly enjoy having the highest number of states reciprocate it. :danceban:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Michigan

I have a Kentucky permit and greatly enjoy having the highest number of states reciprocate it. :danceban:
Actually not trying to brag (well maybe a little) I have you beat according to Handgunlaw.us I can carry in Nevada, you can't. All the other no carries match.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I encourage you to lobby your congress people, RINO Senator Snowe and your other senator to support any reciprocity legislation that comes up in Congress. This past year, the reciprocity law missed becoming law by two votes in the senate.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have Utah and Florida in addition to my home state of Nevada, and most anywhere that I would go is covered. That gives me > 30 states where I can carry. If I plan to travel to a state that I don't already have privileges, then I may apply for that state's nonresident permit. If you want to carry in as many states as possible, Utah and Florida is the best combination to go with your home state.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
If you want to make political statements, write to your legislators. There are sites that make it very easy to do so.
I've sent somewhere between 300 and 400 letters to 'reps?' in FL and D.C. during the last year.
I would not spend my time getting 10 or 20 permits...for what?

OMOYMV:wave:

·
Super Moderator
17,793 Posts
If you want to make political statements, write to your legislators. There are sites that make it very easy to do so.
I've sent somewhere between 300 and 400 letters to 'reps?' in FL and D.C. during the last year.
I would not spend my time getting 10 or 20 permits...for what?

OMOYMV:wave:
Big +1, when they cannot get into their offices because they are filled up with mail from constituents you will get their attention. The next step is to make a statement at the ballot box hopefully many will join the ranks of the unemployed after the 2010 elections.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have 3 permits. I have the Maine Permit, Utah Permit, and the Alabama Permit. Only reason I have the Maine Permit was becuase I was under the age of 21 and couldn't get the Utah permit yet. I have the Alabama permit becuase I am currently stationed here. All in all i can travel to 35 states with those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts