Defensive Carry banner

Do you carry a tactical knife AND a gun together?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a tactical knife to come along with me alongside my gun, and was wondering how many of us do this regularly for defensive purposes? Feel free to elaborate.....

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Yes, a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek (assisted opener).:yup:

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I have a number of knives and I always carry one, usually my Kershaw Ken Onion Leek or my Spyderco Endura. Another "sometimes carry" of mine is my KaBar TDI.

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Yes, Spyderco Endura..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have a number of knives and I always carry one, usually my Kershaw Ken Onion Leek or my Spyderco Endura. Another "sometimes carry" of mine is my KaBar TDI.
I love the Spyderco Endura. Only problem is it is illegal if concealed in CO. I don't worry too much because I don't conceal it and I don't go to Denver much. If I go to Denver I leave it in the car.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Yes.....kind of. I carry a Spyderco Delica, but although it could certainly fill a self defense role, it's primary purpose is as a daily utility knife, not a single purpose defensive weapon. Let's face it, a knife is a deadly weapon, just as a gun is. If I need to respond to a situation with deadly force, it's gonna be with a gun, not with a knife.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Can't carry a gun at work. Darn interstate commerce laws! So it's a knife, pepper spray, and light for me. Don't think I have been without a knife since 10 th grade. Used to loan mine to teachers and other kids to sharpen pencils. Ah, the good old days, when common sense prevailed.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Gun, mag, flashlight, keys, knife, phone, and wallet. Every day, and the knife is a Spyderco Endura ZDP. Highly recommend Spyderco, customer service is great, and one hellouva knife.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Yes. Right now it's a Benchmade Griptilian with modified sheepsfoot blade.

It's for utility purpose and not for a defensive tool. Yes, in a last ditch effort I would go to it for defense, but I would rather use almost anything else than a blade for defense if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, usually 2 knives, swiss army camper model, a tool I seem to find a use for every day, and Harley-Davidson branded folder that was a gift. Nice knife even disreguarding the HD hype.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Knife laws are confusing. From city to city, state to state requirements vary. Many seem vague. So for me tactical knives are out. I carry a pen knife.

The other thing is as you become a seasoned citizen, the knife fight skills are diminished. Where once we were trained to use a knife, those techniques have long gone in my case.

These days the skills run to chain saw, brush hook, and brush cutter. Those are hard to conceal, but I am pretty sure any man with a brush hook would win most fights. I keep my brush hook wicked sharp. I can go through a three inch sprout with one blow. COUNCIL TOOL 1642 DITCH BANK BLADE 40" HICKORY HANDLE

This has me thinking. Perhaps the brush hook manual of arms might not be a bad thing to work on. Thrust and parry. Slash and hook. The sprouts had better look out tomorrow. It is great therapy. I can't count the number of times some poor sprout has died as a surrogate for a politician.

·
Registered
894 Posts
A knife is part of my daily wear. I carry a knife like a wallet, I never leave home without one. Being a HVAC contractor I use a knife almost on a hourly basis.

I only have three carry knives, two are assisted opening, A GATCO Timberline and Kershaw Blur and the third is a Cold Steel "neck knife" which I love, you just have to be careful putting it back in the sheath, otherwise you'll give yourself a Tracheotomy :blink::smilez:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Always, Gerber 06 auto today.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You MAY find me with out a gun, you will NOT find me without a knife.

Kershaw whirlwind

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Yes, I usually carry a Gerber folder and a Kabar LDK.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I carry a black Benchmade Griptilian in D2 everywhere i go.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I carry a Benchmade auto opener in my front right pocket all the time. However, I’ll have to agree with Dave. I more or less carry the knife as a tool not a weapon. If I’m in a life or death situation the pistol is going to be deployed not the knife.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts