Defensive Carry banner

How do you carry your SD Pistol? With a round in the Chamber - No round in chamber

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1381 - 1396 of 1396 Posts

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Yep, that sort of sums it up. There is a certain level of risk with both methods. Just depends on where you want that risk to be and how you want to address it.
Does nothing to sum up anything. All it does is show a lack of discipline in the craft. If you are so scared and un-disciplined to not have one in the pipe so be it, but in a self defense situation it makes no sense what so ever.

Its like blaming the fork because one is over weight...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Let's see now...Harryball...yep, that's the guy that said Chesty Puller and George Patton were pansies, claimed that he knew more about guns and gunfighting than Mas Ayoob and Walt Rauch, and declared that revolvers weren't any good for self defense. Sorry, with that record it is hard to take anything you say seriously.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Let's see now...Harryball...yep, that's the guy that said Chesty Puller and George Patton were pansies, claimed that he knew more about guns and gunfighting than Mas Ayoob and Walt Rauch, and declared that revolvers weren't any good for self defense. Sorry, with that record it is hard to take anything you say seriously.

You can manipulate it anyway you see fit. You keep bringing this same old sorry stuff up. If you have nothing to add to the conversation there are other threads that you can participate in and continue to make other members mad. Sounds about right, doesnt it.....:wave:

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I think there are robots in car plants that screw on door hardware all day and night, for weeks and months and never mess up.

I know humans and I know myself. I am quite capable of error. Sometimes compounded errors where I can pile errors together.

The planes that missed one another on a runway last week, was compounded errors. The worst plane accident in history was a runway accident, over 500 dead, multiple errors added together.

Me, personaly, I carry guns to be ready to defend liberty, but I am not always the sharpest pencil in the drawer.

I am almost ready at any given instant, just give me a second, ill be right with you.

Everyone that does carry chambered, be ever mindful and stay safe.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am not convinced that carrying without a round in the chamber is actually safer. Rule 1 is something I have no doubt about in my mind, because I know it is true. Getting in the habit of being around firearms that aren't chambered most of the time seems like it could be a mental blunder - At least for me personally.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Wow, three years later and there's still a handful of people arguing that it is better to have a gun you can't use than one you can.

Some folks just never learn I suppose.
Well, you know, there is always that proverbial 10% that just don't get it.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
What has me perplexed is what recognized firearms training institute in the US would advocate this carry method?
There are a few places out there that teach it, generally run by former Israeli instructors. IIRC there is a group in Houston and a group in Arizona, and their classes stay pretty full. Rob Hamic, one of the Israeli instructors, used to teach seminars regularly at one of the LEO conferences. Lots of folks took the course and many were surprised at how well it worked. I don't try to say C3 is always best for everybody, just as I don't say C1 is always best for everybody. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, and each person should look at their individual needs and their situation and decide what is going to be best for them.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wow, three years later and there's still a handful of people arguing that it is better to have a gun you can't use than one you can.

Some folks just never learn I suppose.
I'm equally amazed that there is still a handful of people arguing that a tiny fraction of a second in presentation time makes a difference given the decades of successful use by people all over the world carrying C3.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You can manipulate it anyway you see fit. You keep bringing this same old sorry stuff up. If you have nothing to add to the conversation there are other threads that you can participate in and continue to make other members mad. Sounds about right, doesnt it.....:wave:
No need to spin, Harry. Yep, it's the same old stuff because the same old stuff has been shown to work for a long time and nobody seems to have a realistic argument as to why it wouldn't work today. Like I said, you've decided you know what is best for everyone else in spite of regular pronouncements that are laughable, so I'll continue laughing at them and at you.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
No need to spin, Harry. Yep, it's the same old stuff because the same old stuff has been shown to work for a long time and nobody seems to have a realistic argument as to why it wouldn't work today. Like I said, you've decided you know what is best for everyone else in spite of regular pronouncements that are laughable, so I'll continue laughing at them and at you.
Now that is funny. Sometimes people over think things and believe that they are smarter than the rest. The whole time sitting behind a computer eating a twinkie. Enjoy your twinkie Dave....

·
Administrator
21,033 Posts
Now that is funny. Sometimes people over think things and believe that they are smarter than the rest. The whole time sitting behind a computer eating a twinkie. Enjoy your twinkie Dave....

HarryBall and Dave Armstrong are on a two week time out.

DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum - Forum Rules
2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.
If you have a crappy attitude please leave it at the door before you enter!
The back and forth bickering like little kids needs to stop.

1381 - 1396 of 1396 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.