Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other

Votes: 30 9.3%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
I was just wondering how much it reduced the grip and if it was noticeable and easier to hang onto.
Yes it does reduce the grip circumference, but more importantly for me - it removes the rear grip hump; something that I have never liked on a 26. On the Gen 4 & 5 26s, with the smallest grip option, the grip felt o.k., but not good enough for me to keep the gun.

I don't know who did the grip reduction and stippling on my 26, it kind of looks similar to some of the grip reduction work that I have seen on Robar guns, but I don't know and the people at the range didn't know who had done the work either.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Here lately, I’ve been carrying the new S&W. Usually, I’m packing a CZ P07...

D6C71460-EB49-4BF6-9191-7981F6942F7E.jpeg

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
4 Posts
Concealed firearm of choice

Lately started carrying my S&W .380 Bodyguard stoked with Hornady Critical Defense.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
The last time I responded to this was back in August. I don't even own the two guns I listed then. I suppose I should say that I have "armed up" lately but, that would not be the truth. I can rationalize that I should be carrying the Glock 21 or the Walther 9mm but, that too would be false.
Truth be told most every day I carry a pair of 5 shot 2" revolvers. I know its not sexy and I know about all the scenarios where I will die due to this choice but, there it is.
Sometimes both are on my person and sometimes one is in my lunchbox or the door of the truck or in my wife's hands. I do sometimes carry bigger and better but, at least one of those snubs is still there, usually the 642 as its a tad more versatile than the stainless Rossi. No more pocket autos for me. They served me pretty well at one time but, I don't trust them over the long run to hold up and function when pressed into hard use.
I do keep some higher cap semi autos here just because but, I only carry them very occasionally truth be told. The GP100 is the only larger gun that gets use on a regular basis as its my woods walking, camping sidearm here.
Everything I own is "point and pull" as a matter of training so no more 1911's or DA/SA here as much as I have loved them both. I have to remind myself this is a self defense goal not a gun appreciation/collecting goal. Practical wins here for me and my life over anything else as I age.
That only applies to me of course, everyone needs to do what fits their needs, lifestyle and comfort level.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I originally responded to this poll, my EDC was a .380 auto -- with the current situation, my answer is Compact 9mm Auto (with LE ammo). Times change.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
When I originally responded to this poll, my EDC was a .380 auto -- with the current situation, my answer is Compact 9mm Auto (with LE ammo). Times change.
funny that...I've been carrying an extra spare mag lately...or 2

Reactions: CharlieSW

·
Registered
488 Posts
I basically have transitioned to carrying the Sig P365 in a Black Arch two clip IWB holster. I will still occasionally use the same firearm in a Vedder IWB carried appendix, if I will be bending over a lot and concerned with printing. Finally, for ultimate concealment I do on occasion carry my Kahr CW380 in a Vedder pocket locker holster.

I still feel like I have to consciously correct my grip for the P365 to prevent it from pointing low, but this is far from a deal-breaker. I wish S&W would release their own micro-double-stack with a more appropriate grip angle.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts