Defensive Carry banner

What's your favorite OWB leather holster?

• Sparks I-BAK

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Brommeland Def Con

• TT Gun Leather Pancake

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Ritchie CQQR

• Kramer Scabbard

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Pure Kustom

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Rosen 5JR

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Sparks 55BN

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Rosen Premier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High Noon Slide Guard

• Fist #9 (or other Fist)

• De Santis Belt holster

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Bianchi Belt Holster

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Galco Belt Holster

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Don Hume Pancake

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Tucker HF1

Votes: 3 3.3%

Poll: What's your favorite OWB leather holster?

12K views 64 replies 35 participants last post by  XD 45 
#1 ·
Okay, let's try it this way. Tell me your favorite OWB leather holster. If yours is not in the poll, leave a comment.

#6 ·
A Krammer horsehide paddle holster. The only problem is it is for a G36 and never carry it. I have several Fist #12 Basics that get a lot of use.

#13 ·
Pure Kustom Black OPs Pro.

#14 ·
I am pretty fond of El Paso Saddlery after ordering a couple of their high side holsters. Workmanship and materials are truly excellent and the price is fair.

#15 ·
Galco belt: Number one leading the pole! ( at this time). I selected the Galco Dual Purpose (right side) for my full size 1911, when I am using the belt (at 3:00), and have been completely satisfied with fit, form and function. When other factors dictate, I use a 5.11 select carry pistol pouch. Once again, same weapon and am totally satisfied with it. One of the best things about it is, I don't get any glances at all with it, even when not wearing any covering shirt over it. My weapon isn't exposed, and it took me about 2 minutes of practice to learn how to bring my weapon "to the ready" just as fast as from the Galco. The "cats' meoww" for warm weather, walking, bike riding, etc.

Inscribed on the blade of a Spanish conquistador's sword found in the southwestern desert many years ago: "Draw me not without reason--Sheath me not without honor". It's amazing how much this still applies.

#19 ·
I have a spare tire but that's not what is the problem with the Rosen. I have other holsters that push in tight against my side. The front of the Rosen, by the slide, stuck way out away from me. Probably had about a inch and a half gap.

#20 ·
Actually none of the above. I used to buy very expensive custom made holsters and wait 6-8 months or more for them to be handmade. Since then I have found some unknown holster makes who make copies of all the popular designs for a fraction of the price and in a fraction of the time. Often they will produce holsters for new gun models when no one else is. They are mostly niche holster makers but there are some that will make holsters for all the popular guns out there. If you are the type to want to get a name brand holster that all the kids on the block have then buy from a name brand. However if you realize that your holster remains hidden (assuming you do not open carry which is a different story) and is just a function piece of equipment needed to protect your life, then you should find what style you like and get it as cheaply as possible regardless of the name of the man who sews it or whether a machine or a person does the sewing. Some things do not benefit enough by handcraftsmanship to matter. I am sure that a handmade toothpick is a work of art and displays amazing skill but in the end I just need something to pick my teeth with so I will buy them by the box. :)

#21 ·
Old Dog, I hear you. I like top end holsters due to the fact that they perform. I don't need the most expnsive or coolest but I do want holster's that perform and stand the test of time. I know guys that have Milt Sparks holsters that are 10 + years old and look and perform as new. Time will tell if some of these newer copycats work will hold up over time. I'm not knocking anyone. Every holster maker has to start sometime. I just prefer to go with the ones that have a proven track record.

#22 ·
OP - I see you have some Glocks. Any reason you are looking into leather?

Best OWB I have used is the el-cheapo plastic Glock Sport/Combat holster. Water proof. Decent retention. Ambidextrous. Allows a full grip. Works with any size belt. Readily available. Did I mention cheap?

#23 ·
I just have an affinity for leather. I like the look, feel, and smell, of new leather. I do have an X-Concealment Kydex that is the best holster I have purchased to date. But I am wanting to try some nice leather. I realy like the VMII for IWB so I thought I might also like some similar quality leather OWB.

#28 ·
My 1st choice was NOT listed but an o=Other would have been fine. I chose Bianchi since that's probably the closest to what I have. Mine is brown leather, plain Jane-ish. No fancy tooling or brass/nickel furniture. It was made to fit my High Standard Sentinel. It was made by Warshal's Sporting Goods in Seattle WA probably 40 or 50 years ago. Warshal's was a fairly famous sporting goods store that carried more guns than you could shake a stick at. When JFK was the President Warshall's was doing business. HUA

#31 · (Edited)
Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths

I describe it as a cross between a traditional paddle and a pancake holster. You get the convenience and speed of the paddle, but the conceal ability of a traditional belt-slot pancake.

(Some pics poor sorry) no attachment to company, just a good product.
Airsoft gun Starting pistol Revolver Handgun holster
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
Pink Arm Jeans Hand Textile
Belt Fashion accessory Buckle Strap

#33 ·
Simply Rugged. I have two, one for a ruger sp 101 and one for a Sig p250 compact. Simple, rugged and fast delivery time. 10 days from order date to delivery date on both orders. That was mid last year so things may have changed.

#38 ·
Very nice leather, Kevin. I have liked your stuff for a while now as I saw it on another forum. I really couldn't tell you why I haven't ordered anything from you yet. I probably should try something soon. I have to watch it though. If I like your stuff as much as I anticipate, I'll have to order an IWB & OWB for all of my handguns. I'm sure you don't want to double your lead time! :banana:

#37 ·
I like Kirkpatrick as well. I probably couldn't list all the holster makers I like if there were 30 options, let alone the 16 maximum here on DC polls. I have to choose wisely with my limited funds. My problem is I get a new holster and before it's even broken in I am looking for the next one I want to try. I am very quickly becoming a gear whore! :help:

#42 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.