Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Glock 26 that I traded for a couple of weeks ago that I'm just not that crazy about.
I found a fellow that has an H&K VP9 that he's willing to trade for it. The only thing is, he's only letting go with one magazine.
Is it still a good trade?

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
I guess that depends if you like Glock or HK pistols more.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well, you certainly can carry the HK, but it is not as easy to conceal as the G26 (obviously). But "dressing to accommodate the gun" certainly isn't a problem. I know what you are saying, though, I have the two pistols you mention and for ease of shooting and overall accuracy, I find them far superior to the Glock. In the end, if you don't have confidence in the the 26, there is no reason to stick with it IMO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, you certainly can carry the HK, but it is not as easy to conceal as the G26 (obviously). But "dressing to accommodate the gun" certainly isn't a problem. I know what you are saying, though, I have the two pistols you mention and for ease of shooting and overall accuracy, I find them far superior to the Glock. In the end, if you don't have confidence in the the 26, there is no reason to stick with it IMO.
That's exactly what I'm getting at. I really don't care if it prints a little. I've got a CCL & I'm going to carry what I feel confident in shooting.
I'd like to be able to shoot the HK first, but I don't think that's an option. I can only go by what I've read and seen about them.

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
Never shot an HK. I know that I can shoot my Sig P220 and my Officers model 1911 better than the G26.
Might be worth the trade then. The HK is a nice gun.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If he wants to trade the HK, what's the point of keeping the other mags if he has them?
Unless he has another HK that uses the same mag, I don't see his logic.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
So it is not true, That once you own a Glock you will never own any other handgun?
Whew...Had me worried that if i buy one i would have to get rid all my other
Non Glock guns. ( I am kidding ) Relax:wink:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Me personally I'd say no. I'm sure the VP9 is a great gun, and a great gun for some folks. But those curved backstraps don't work for me at all. I'd at least ask to put a few rounds downrange before swapping.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I would need two mags to make that trade worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So it is not true, That once you own a Glock you will never own any other handgun?
Whew...Had me worried that if i buy one i would have to get rid all my other
Non Glock guns. ( I am kidding ) Relax:wink:
I've owned four Glocks...two 19's, a 21 and this 26. I must admit I did like that 21 & shot it well. Got into a financial pinch, however.
I love my W. German Sigs. One's by my bed in the nightstand and the other is in my carry rotation. One's been Cerakoted to O.D. Green, the other is Nickel plated.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I’m a big SIG fan myself. But for my striker fired, plastic guns, I stick with GLOCK.

Reactions: 5lima30ret
1 - 20 of 31 Posts