Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a PICO and took it to the range to try it. It does not handle as well, or feel as good in my hand as a Kahr CW380. Interesting since the grips are the same width. The PICO's grip is more angular while the Kahr's is more rounded and slanted more, and simply fits my hand more comfortably. But the biggest deficiency in the PICO's grip is that the distance between the front of the trigger and the back of the grip is too short, making a smooth trigger pull difficult. Due to the trigger distance, shooting the PICO was very uncomfortable, and my hands are not large.

So, what I did so far was to use some plastic tubing to build up the back of the PICO's grip (not the sides) to increase the distance to the trigger. Haven't range checked this for real shooting, but feels much better dry firing the PICO. Its too bad either Beretta or a third party does not make a hard rubber customized contoured pad for the back of the grip, rather than my jury-rig.

Oh, and for what it might be worth -- The Kahr fits nicely in a Size 2 Uncle Mike's pocket holster, whereas the PICO needs the slightly larger Size 3.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
With these tiny guns I insert my trigger finger so that I contact the trigger in between the first and second joints. I wear a size large glove.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't. I had the Kahr cw380 and wanted a second .380 for a variety of reasons. I had some feeding (not ejection) problems with the Kahr which the factory improved under warranty; not sure if really cured. Some more break-in rounds are still required. Admittedly the so-called limp wrist syndrome might be at least a partial cause, but with about 0 rounds through the PICO have had no misfeeds or FTEs. Have nearly always shot only revolvers, where how you hold it doesn't affect performance. A second Kahr would have allowed me to share spare mags, but decided on the PICO instead. Got it for $285 new in box, which further convinced me on the PICO. The Kahr is so comfortable in my hand that it feels like it was custom made for me; but others might not feel the same. Trigger pull is better on the Kahr, but PICO is OK here.

With the NRA range temporarily closed for maintenance I went to a nearby much darker range. For reasons I cannot explain even looking at the Kahr and PICO at the same time, I had trouble seeing the PICO's sights, whereas the Kahr's sights were visible to me.

A follow-up re grips. FYI I wear a size large golf glove. With the Kahr my middle two fingers are on the grip, while with the Pico 1 1/2 fingers fit on the grip. Kahr feels a bit more secure. I found the recoil on both guns to be modest and about the same.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Hard to many folks that like ether a 380 or 9mm pico . To bad you did not look at the CT380 kahr . Just a little bit more of everything that makes for a easier to shooting pistol . Funny part is you have a new pico you still have to find out if its reliable and that's more rounds down range !! . Good luck

·
Registered
208 Posts
Love my Pico.. I have large hands and got the sandpaper talon grips and it is much better... Not an ideal pistol in a lot of ways but for a pocket pistol that I hope to never have to use it fits the bill for me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I just bought a PICO and took it to the range to try it. It does not handle as well, or feel as good in my hand as a Kahr CW380. Interesting since the grips are the same width. The PICO's grip is more angular while the Kahr's is more rounded and slanted more, and simply fits my hand more comfortably. But the biggest deficiency in the PICO's grip is that the distance between the front of the trigger and the back of the grip is too short, making a smooth trigger pull difficult. Due to the trigger distance, shooting the PICO was very uncomfortable, and my hands are not large.

So, what I did so far was to use some plastic tubing to build up the back of the PICO's grip (not the sides) to increase the distance to the trigger. Haven't range checked this for real shooting, but feels much better dry firing the PICO. Its too bad either Beretta or a third party does not make a hard rubber customized contoured pad for the back of the grip, rather than my jury-rig.

Oh, and for what it might be worth -- The Kahr fits nicely in a Size 2 Uncle Mike's pocket holster, whereas the PICO needs the slightly larger Size 3.
Because the Pico is modular, a number of accessories are or will soon be available. Talon has a rear wrap grip you can try, Beretta and Brownells also has new trigger springs that get down from the 12-13lb. to about 8lb pull.

TALON Gun Grips for Beretta Pico

Beretta Pico Parts at Brownells

The Next-Gen Beretta Pico

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
There has never seemed to be much love for the pico or the nanotechnology. I handled both and neither felt good, and had numerous things I just didn't like . Hope you get it squared away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I get along well with my Pico, but my golf glove size is medium. I don't think I would like the Pico if my hand size was any larger though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts