Defensive Carry banner

Do you alter position and type of carry?

• IWB - (always the same position)

Votes: 66 41.3%
  • IWB (change positions occasionally)

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • OWB (always the same position)

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • OWB (change positions occasionally

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • IW&OWB (always the same position)

Votes: 32 20.0%
  • IWB&OWB (change positions occasionally

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Pocket (always the same pocket)

Votes: 36 22.5%
  • Pocket (different pockets)

Votes: 7 4.4%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
I am a few months into carrying and only have tried one position only . But i am sure i will down the road try other ways to carry once i add more holsters.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
When you've been married as long as I have you have to change positions......

·
Super Moderator
18,255 Posts
You left out shoulder holsters; I use one on long road trips.

Reactions: oneshot

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reason for asking was for IWB I like appendix (2:00 o'clock) but for OWB I like 4:00 o'clock strong....I think this may be a bit weird......??

·
Registered
433 Posts
I primarily carry IWB and sometimes pocket if the need arises but always the same position and always the same pocket. I train so much I dont want to be fumbling around to find my gun if needed. So the position I train with is the position I always use

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
IWB & OWB, but pocket carry too for my little Kel-Tec. A shoulder rig in wintertime when the coat isn't coming off. Way too difficult and too slow to get to a waist holster with a car-coat or hip length coat worn.

Outside chest pocket carry is also an option on a couple of coats I have and have carried there in the past. Very fast to retrieve.

·
Registered
620 Posts
When you've been married as long as I have you have to change positions......
And the only way to become an expert in all potential positions is through practice.

Competitions are fun, too.

Wait. What are we talking about?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: stonemadman

·
Registered
204 Posts
3 o'clock IWB when I need to conceal, 3'oclock OWB when I open carry.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Depending on how I'm dressed, I carry IWB or OWB at about 3:30-4:00. Sometimes on a long trip or on my motorcycle, I'll use a shoulder holster. And in the summer, if I'm wearing cargo shorts and a T-shirt or tanktop, I'll pocket carry with a pocket holster. If I'm riding a bicycle, I'll carry in a Camelback, backpack, versipak, or sometimes a jersey back pocket. So, both the holster and the gun I carry varies depending upon the weather, how I'm dressed, and what I'm riding in or on and for how long/far. :yup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I usually carry a primary and a backup, primary IWB 3:00, backup in the front right (strong) pocket. I started out trying to carry IWB at 4:00 - 5:00, I found that my cover garment would hang up on the grip every time I bent at all.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I carry concealed in the same position as my duty holster was located at when I was a cop. After years of getting use to going there it would be insane to try and overcome that muscle memory.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Why not an all of the above

1 - 20 of 31 Posts