Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still in the break in period and have just added the CT grips to my K9. I am really beginning to like the feel of this Kahr K9. It is very accurate and so far I have no failures to report. It is about the same size as the CW9 that I carry a lot, though it is heavier. The big plus to me is that I can have the CT grips on the K9 which you can't have on the CW9. I do not like the laser guards that CT has for the CW9. Here are a couple of quick pictures. I also have ordered some metal flush fit mag bases to try. Anybody else have the K9 for a carry gun? :smile:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good, How well can you shoot it?
After I got the laser sighted in I put three magazines of 9mm round ball inside a 1.5" bullseye from 25' away. I am not a great shot, but that is pretty good for me. I also have a P239 with CT laser grips and I shoot it about the same. Both are very accurate handguns. :smile:

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Not a bad looking gun. If it suits you well and you trust it, carry it. I don't personally have one.... but you do, that what counts!
Well Done!

·
Super Moderator
20,211 Posts
One of my frequent carry guns is the CW9, and I also have a K40.

I like the CW9 for its light weight; with a paddle holster, I almost forget I'm carrying it. The extra weight of the K40 puts the snappy recoil of the 165 gr loads on a par with 9mm +P in the CW9 - you know you're shooting something substantial, but it's very, very manageable. I can only imagine the K9 makes the hot 9mm rounds feel pretty mild.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Great looking gun, hope it passes your 'let's see' period!:hand9:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great looking gun, hope it passes your 'let's see' period!:hand9:
I hope so too! So far I have about 150 rds thru it. No problems . My CW9 has been flawless thru the first 600 rds. The P380 I used to have..... well I don't have it anymore. Never could get it to run right.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Never had any problems with the CW9 I got for the wife, or my CW45. Look at it this way, if the gun doesn't work right, you were forewarned. After all it is a K-9! :wink:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a cm9 for pocket duty , and a cw9 and larger tp40 for iwb use. Love them but never wanted a laser on a firearm.
The laser just makes it easier for me to shoot. My eyesight is not as good as it used to be. I can still shoot decently with open sights but the laser sure helps.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My smaller 9mm pistols consist of two CW9s (wife and I) and a Walther PPS, also in 9mm that I just could not resist! I believe the smaller guns run better in 9mm rather than 40. All three guns are very thin and lightweight and that's what I want. If I feel the need for a lazer unit, I'll just slap it onto the railed PPS. Thats my story and I'm sticking with it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts