Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had this XD-40 SC for a couple of months and I am still evaluating it for carry. During the first 50 rounds it had 2 failures to feed. The feed ramp was polished and I now have about 400 rounds through it without any more problems. I recently got it back from Canyon Creek where the slide was refinshed with OD Fusion color and a trigger job by Rich. Most of the ammo ran through it was WWB 165 gr FMJ and also some Winchester Ranger 165 gr SXT (Talon).

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
You Should be Good To Go

You Should be Good To Go after 400 rounds with zero malfunctions.
And your 2 initial malfunctions should not be of any concern to you now.
You might (just for the heck of it) try shooting a few different brands of ammo (besides Winchester) just to see if it's feeding different bullet configurations correctly now that your ramp has been polished.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Sounds like you are well OK.

I had a coupla fluffs last night with SIG at my night IDPA shoot but that was crap Bosnian ammo - feed it good stuff and particularly +P GD's and it eats em all every time!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
nice. How is the muzzle flip with a short barrel? I shot the 4" barreled version and liked it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rocky said:
nice. How is the muzzle flip with a short barrel? I shot the 4" barreled version and liked it.
The muzzle flip is not too bad, but it is more than with the 4 inch.

QKShooter, I intend to put a couple of hundred more different JHP's through it before I trust it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts